SELLA

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited April 2011 in Pro race
Since coming back he has been at the forefront of the races and placing well. He has been riding really aggressively and entertainly.

He has just won stage 3 of Settimana Internazionale Coppi e Bartali like this:
-He and a few others bridged up to a small break making a lead group of 21 riders about 30kms from the finish.
-On the 2nd ascent of the finishing circuit Sella bridged to two riders, one got dropped so the two continued with 16km to ride.
-On the final ascent he attacked the other rider and took a solo win.

Class ride, pure attacking spirit right there.

I am guessing that most of you think he is still 'flying high'.

bettiniphoto_0075280_1_full_600.jpg
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Gosh no. I'd bet my house he's as clean as a whistle.

I mean, once you're caught doping, you'd learn your lesson, no?

:roll:

Strava is not Zen.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    When a team of climbers win a pan flat TTT (stage 1b won by Androni Giacattoli) what's your initial reaction?
  • frenchfighter
    See Classica Sarda video. He came 2nd after going for the win solo for maybe 5kms or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDQ9DdTGA9U
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    andyp wrote:
    When a team of climbers win a pan flat TTT (stage 1b won by Androni Giacattoli) what's your initial reaction?

Exactly what I thought when I watched it the other night.
    A team of midgets winning a TTT? WTF?

Unlike FF, I've had the opportunity to follow Sella's career throughout.
    After a couple of quiet seasons riding under the radar by finishing races between 8th-15th. This season, he's flying high again.

Clearly, he's back on the high octane. For Sella read Sinkewitz.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • frenchfighter
    Ah Blazing. You don't even know about the best Stage racer's palmares.

You mean when he was with Carmi. He didn't ride many races and not big ones. His placings weren't amazing but weren't bad. He is going very strong this year after changing teams. Maybe, maybe, who knows.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    Ah Blazing. You don't even know about the best Stage racer's palmares.

You mean when he was with Carmi. He didn't ride many races and not big ones. His placings weren't amazing but weren't bad. He is going very strong this year after changing teams. Maybe, maybe, who knows.

Lightweight.
    Eddy Merckx has nothing to do with Saucy Sella. :wink:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Personally when a rider comes back from a ban just as good as before, or even better, then that rings alarm bells for me, and time after time my instincts have been proved right.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Personally when a rider comes back from a ban just as good as before, or even better, then that rings alarm bells for me, and time after time my instincts have been proved right.

If they come back and are indeed clean - and are better or as good as before they went away, makes you wonder why they were on the juice in the first place, huh?
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    Sella -- filled to the brim with grim.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    FF, you're trying to provoke a reaction. Me, I'm more inclined to side with Italian pro Marco Pinotti who gave words of caution to the press earlier this week, expressing the same caution as forum members when a busted rider comes back as strong as they were when they were heavy on the hot sauce.
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Kléber wrote:
    FF, you're trying to provoke a reaction. Me, I'm more inclined to side with Italian pro Marco Pinotti who gave words of caution to the press earlier this week, expressing the same caution as forum members when a busted rider comes back as strong as they were when they were heavy on the hot sauce.

Correct. He is getting more desperate (and ridiculous).
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Vinokourov-DiLuca-Sella, are you kidding me.

No grovelling in the bunch but straight back, Wham.
    First class winners, they make me Puke. :shock:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    A cynic might say that FF makes these clearly baited posts simply to sit back and enjoy the reaction he knows they'll produce. But he wouldn't do that would he?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    dougzz wrote:
    A cynic might say that FF makes these clearly baited posts simply to sit back and enjoy the reaction he knows they'll produce. But he wouldn't do that would he?

That's the conclusion I've come to. No-one can actually be that pompous and blind to doping.

I don't think he started out as a wind-up, but he's grown into the job.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    andyp wrote:

Exactly what I thought when I watched it the other night.
    A team of midgets winning a TTT? WTF?

Have you guys checked the results of the ITT? No AG in top17 riders.

Whoever stole Visconti's beautiful bike should give it back.

bettiniphoto_0075906_1_full_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    dougzz wrote:

Well put. I think he's definately in the running for the overall title of "Best Troll Ever". I've got to hand it to him, he's one hell of a Pied Piper and has whole bunches of people following him.