Any Saracen owners about

mak3m
mak3m Posts: 1,394
edited March 2011 in MTB beginners
My mate has a Saracen Mantra2 mtb, it was bascially left to rot in his back garden for 2+ years and ive been cleaning it up for him.

it looks bloody huge next to mine mainly because of the large 2.3 DH tyres it has.

when he did ride it he complained that it was hardwork xc and country lanes, not surprising with the fat ass tyres. I suggested he looked at some lower profile stuff, like a speed king.

now speed kings do come in 2.3 but was wondering if he would benefit from going down to 2.1, but im struggleing to find out if his rims could do that.

The rims are Hot Metal EX-S 6103, which is a standard saracen rim. Ive looked all over it and cant see any size info on the rim or indeed google.

Any help appreciated and apologies if its a nub question :D

Comments

• nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    get some 2.1's fit them and see how he goes.
    maybe pick up some second hand ones from the classifieds?
  • Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    it looks bloody huge next to mine mainly because of the large 2.3 DH tyres it has.
    Presumably this means you have thinner tyres on your bike... if so, what size? put them on and give it a try?
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Si1988 wrote:
    Presumably this means you have thinner tyres on your bike... if so, what size? put them on and give it a try?

Lol didn't think of that