Anyone got any unusual or quirky hobbies?

yoohoo999
yoohoo999 Posts: 940
edited June 2011 in The Crudcatcher
And old friend of mine is really into horology (study of clocks etc). He spends most of his alone time peering into the back of a clock, has done ever since he was a kid.

I don't have any particularly unusual ones, but I have been really interested in forex for about 10 years or so. I suppose it looks quite strange to my girlfriend when I'm reading charts to relax instead of a nice book :D

Webbo points awarded for the quirkiest.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    No replies so far - I reckon there must be a few people thinking "Do I 'fess up to something a bit freaky/pervy/nerdy and risk having the p1$$ taken for a long time afterwards"...

I'm keeping quiet :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I ride bikes, my mates all reckon that's pretty wierd.

I also like to get naked, roll around in slurry and rub one out.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    No, I'm pretty sane, or so the voices tell me...

I used to be somewhat of a hoarder when it comes to newspapers. Had a pile of them for about 10+ years or so but threw them away eventually.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    I ride bikes, my mates all reckon that's pretty wierd.

I also like to get naked, roll around in slurry and rub one out

But that is normal is it not? In your neck of the woods at least.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'm keeping quiet

Yep, me too :-)

Shaving my legs and dressing up in lycra in public is weird enough anyway!
  • all my freinds think owning a bike thats worth 3 times my car is about as weird as its possible to get

apart from that my only hobby is working, which again as a first year student is pretty darned weird

and wait, i didnt realise that slurry rubbing wasnt normal? just seems like the most rational thing to me?
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    I like building robots that then go out and rape people. Does that count?

Also:

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/n ... me/?ref=mr
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Ain't got time for hobbies if it doesn't have two wheels it's an interruption
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I like messing about with radio controlled cars.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Bike boarding - Combines my love of biking and skateboarding....

My latest video -

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhpIhr0 ... re=related

(its a trailer for a longer film... it was knocked up in 30 mins by me and a mate... so it's super rough....)

Bike boarding is the most awesome fun thing ever though.... for the skater at least.

* im the one on the board
    I like bikes and stuff
  • yoohoo999
    joshtp wrote:
    Bike boarding - Combines my love of biking and skateboarding....

My latest video -

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNhpIhr0 ... re=related

(its a trailer for a longer film... it was knocked up in 30 mins by me and a mate... so it's super rough....)

Bike boarding is the most awesome fun thing ever though.... for the skater at least.

* im the one on the board

that is awesome! not something i would be keen to try though, looks insane! you guys are pushing the boundaries, i respect that 8)
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    whoa what just happened

my sarcasm detector just started smoking :shock:
  • joshtp
    Haha.... thanks! My mate's only a moderately fit biker... And I'm only a moderately good skater... but with lot's of practice we've got it pretty much down... it's really hard to capture... but it's awesome fun.

:D
    I like bikes and stuff
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    No real hobbies anymore other than bike ones, 60+ hrs at work, 2 children, a wife and cat and dog take up too much time already!
    Past hobbies include
    Kart Racing.
    Car Racing
    Model Car Racing (see a trend?)
    Surfing
    Skating
    Wake Boarding
    Judo (18 years!)
    BMXing
    Oh and weight training. apart from them, not much.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    edited March 2011
    This
    Daz555 wrote:
    I like messing about with radio controlled cars.

and this
    I ride bikes, my mates all reckon that's pretty wierd.

A lot of them can't believe that my forks cost more than their bikes, a couple still give me grief that I'm wasting my money and their BSOs are better because they are "full suspension mountain bikes so can do more stuff than mine"

Hockey and tennis take up most of my free time though.

I also go and do scout leadering each week which a lot of people think is weird for some reason. All I know is I get cheaper climbing, cheap holidays and lots of trips to the pub.
  • VWsurfbum
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I also go and do scout leadering each week which a lot of people think is weird for some reason. All I know is I get cheaper climbing, cheap holidays and lots of trips to the pub.
    With children :wink:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • joshtp
    mak3m wrote:
    whoa what just happened

my sarcasm detector just started smoking :shock:

ok, i get it.... looks pretty lame.

is fun though, I promise. :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • montevideoguy
    montevideoguy Posts: 2,271
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    With children :wink:

That was the first thing I thought. What a weirdo!
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There used to be a young girl, probably about 12-14 years old living just down the street, and I'd regularly see her getting towed to the shop by her dog, whilst she skateboarded behind it. Awesome :lol:

My weird hobby is poking badgers with spoons.
  • joshtp
    haha, awesome!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • yoohoo999

poking badgers with spoons.

my weirdest hobby is spooning badgers
  • joshtp
    :lol:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    My wierd hobby is being grumpy, I'm slowly becoming a master i can be grumpy about almost anything its amazing.

But im not sure its that wierd these days since the whole planty seems to be trying to copy my levels of grumpyness
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Hobbies I’ve partaken in the past:

Radio Controlled cars: Tamiya F150, Grasshopper and Hotshot (which got extensively upgraded before I lost interest).

Sea fishing: my two boys went through a phase of wanting to go fishing – dutiful Dad went along to ‘supervise’. Not really my thing, but did have a few enjoyable days out (and scrummy fresh fish) with this.

I did quote a bit of shooting whilst in the military, both for ‘work’ and for pleasure: Clay-pigeon, (shotgun), Plate (handgun) and Long range (sniper rifle). Obviously having young kids around and various changes in the UK’s gun laws have pretty much curtailed this. Still plink at targets with an old air pistol and an even older air rifle to keep my eye/hand in.

If anything could be classed as weird, it would be that I’ve collected knives since I was bought my first one for getting my Bronze Arrow in the Cubs. I have quite a collection now and still buy ones if I see something ‘unusual’.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I enjoy eating out
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • VWsurfbum
    Gazlar wrote:
    I enjoy eating out midgets and smearing Marmite on leppers
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • joshtp
    Gazlar wrote:
    I enjoy eating out

:shock:
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    joshtp wrote:
    Gazlar wrote:
    I enjoy eating out

:shock:

I mean in restaurants, although if you want to know the Bolton story..............
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    If anything could be classed as weird, it would be that I’ve collected knives since I was bought my first one for getting my Bronze Arrow in the Cubs. I have quite a collection now and still buy ones if I see something ‘unusual’.

there is something beautiful about a well looked after lock knife

had one in my back pocket whenever i went out as a youth

before you start it was for whittleing, emergency rope swing repairs and playing split the kipper