Skills courses

porton
porton Posts: 40
edited March 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi ,

I have got this friday off work and thought I would treat myself to 1-2-1 skills training at Llandegla. Called One Planet Adventure and they advised that half day (3hours) would be £150.00. Does that seem expensive to everyone else ? are there any other places near to North Wales offering similar on a weekday ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    £50 an hour id want naked ladies teaching me to bunnyhop for that

dont know of an alternative but for that price i would have thought it would be a full day
  • porton
    Full Day was £250.00
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    £60 per day with GMB - small group courses
    http://www.getmountainbiking.co.uk/mtb-courses.php
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • porton
    Courses look great Nonnac85 but a little too far from Wrexham for this week :-(
  • jpenno
    jpenno Posts: 51
    There is Tracs @ Delamere forest £100 according to web page

http://www.tracs-uk.co.uk/, not used them but saw their advert whilst there last weekend
  • porton
    Thanks I wil check them out.

Seems more reasonably priced than One Planet at Llandegla
  • any bike course that costs more than £25 a hour is over priced...driving lessons cost that and i get to drive a bloody car ....

then theirs the rip off £60+for a test grrr ripp off.

thank god i passed quickly
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I've paid £180 for 4 hours 1-2-1 tuition at UKbikeskills with Jedi. Top value!
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • theshrew
    theshrew Posts: 169
    porton wrote:
    Thanks I wil check them out.

Seems more reasonably priced than One Planet at Llandegla

Yes a lot better price

but

I wouldnt go for one at Delamere mate. I do most of my riding there as its 5 min from my house. I cant say there is much for anyone to learn if your looking to improve your skills. Im only a noob mate and nothing at delamere is challenging its mainly fire road and a bit of a 4x track

Llandegla has lots more to offer in terms of terrain climbs, drop offs, jumps, berms, etc.

If i was to do a course i would want to do one at a place that had something to offer and is bike oriantated rather than just a forest that people go to ride around.
  • porton
    Booked it at Llandegla.

Decided to treat myself, just hope its worth it :-)

Thanks for all the advice
  • theshrew
    theshrew Posts: 169
    Let us no how it goes mate i might have a bash at one
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Just for anyone else who finds this thread. I'd wholeheartedly agree with popstar. I went with a friend to UKBikeSkills and was very happy with the value of the course. Sure it's not "cheap" but Jedi was great with both of us and it's given me the tools to unlock the next step in my riding. Simple things combined are really helping me carry speed with more confidence on trails I know regularly
  • porton
    Had great day with instructor (Paul PJ) very patient very clear and succinct and top bloke . I have learnt so much about posture, approach and general riding to take me to next level.

Only problem is that I have realised I need more tuition very soon :-)

Great day & well worth the cash