upperoilcan
upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
scapin_hysak_900px.jpg
Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.

Comments

• upperoilcan
    As ive gotta say it looks the business and ive not seen the make before.....
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    I would guess 'starting price' of roughly £3k, it probably is a reasonable road bike!
    Simon
  • upperoilcan
    Yes mate,starting price off £2700.00 through to eternity,Really like the look of it..
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    Yes mate,starting price off £2700.00 through to eternity,Really like the look of it..

Looks lovely......

Designed and handbuilt in Italy to a beautiful standard. These Italian thoroughbreds concentrate not only on good looks but also on functionality and pure performance. A company with a rich history Scapin bikes mix pure class with the latest manufacturing techniques and materials to achieve stunning race ready results. View Scapin Bikes
    Simon
  • Phate
    Phate Posts: 121
    At £2700 for 105 kit going up to £5292 for Dura Ace then I can't imagine they be all that bad!
    exercise.png
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Take any carbon frame, give it a decent paint job, add Dura Ace / SRAM Red / Campag SR groupset and deep section carbon wheels for marketing shots. Standard formula. Take same frame and add a 105 groupset and Mavic Aksiums and it'll look very ordinary.
    More problems but still living....
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Scapin are a well-established outfit and reknown for one of the few people continuing to build steel frames - so this looks like a bit of a diversification. It may be worth clarifying whether this is a unique frame from Scapin or a generic frame from the likes of Deda? It's not to say that generic frames are bad per se, but there is often a huge variation in price for some purely based on intangibles like a paintjob or warranty.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • upperoilcan
    And could someone please tell me the benefit's of deep section rims over the standard ones..

Thanks.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Extralight
    Extralight Posts: 136
    Deep rims: they look cool and make an awesome sound when riding. Oh, and they deliver aerodynamic benefits that I understand only become significant at speeds in excess of about 20mph. They also cost loads, and will make you weep when you damage them...
  • upperoilcan
    Extralight wrote:
    Deep rims: they look cool and make an awesome sound when riding. Oh, and they deliver aerodynamic benefits that I understand only become significant at speeds in excess of about 20mph. They also cost loads, and will make you weep when you damage them...

LOL........And thanks..... :lol:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Extralight wrote:
    make an awesome sound when riding

Interesting....care to elaborate? :D
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."