New Cycling Facility Rhyl North Wales

whytetrash
whytetrash Posts: 2
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Hi All Marsh Tracks is very near to opening so thought you may appreciate a nice pic or three of it, great to have a mate with a helicopter :lol:

https://picasaweb.google.com/Alanrovers ... TracksJpg#

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! :o
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Oh that does look good ! Excellent work people !
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    Is it just a road circuit? (I say just....)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Interesting

http://www.marshtracks.co.uk/
    Marsh Tracks is a new and exciting venture in Rhyl, North Wales. It comprises of a 1.3 km closed circuit cycling track and a national standard BMX race track with challenging jumps and bends. This will be a traffic free arena for cycle sport where children and adults can train, coach, compete and spectate in a safe environment. Facilities include a meeting and changing rooms all of which may be used by other sports and leisure pursuits such as running, hand cycling and Nordic walking. The track is surrounded by a significant biodiversity and nature development, which includes a camping area.

Thanks to funding from Waste Recycling Environmental (WREN), The Foundation for Sports and Arts, and the Strategic Regeneration Area (SRA) board via Denbighshire County Council, the £1.3m project is well on course to be completed in March 2011.

Marsh Tracks will not only benefit cyclists from Wales and England, it is also part of an important development in the plan to regenerate the town of Rhyl. The project will provide opportunities for young people, particularly from deprived areas, to take part in sport at low cost, and there are strong links to schools, the wider community and tourism. Our plans have huge support from Denbighshire County Council and the Welsh Assembly Government.

Pioneered by the 500 strong Glan Morfa Cycle Association, there has been enormous interest from cycling and sporting clubs, as well as schools and organisations for the disabled. Marsh Tracks is already taking bookings for local and national events for 2011 and beyond.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    The green swamp next to it is where I did my first cyclocross race.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Erm, is it just me or does it look somewhat phallic? :shock:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,687
    Looks a cracking facility - when I win the Euro Millions on Friday my ambition is to buy a huge piece of land and build a cycling centre in South Wales with a 5 mile (minimum) road race circuit but until then this looks far and away the best 'road' cycling facility in Wales, shame it's so far away :(