2010 Boardman Team Carbon owners - a question

Garryboy
Garryboy Posts: 344
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
Won't bore you with full story - but after picking up my team carbon today, I'd like to know if there is anything on the frame to denote it's size.

Mines is supposed to be large but starting to think it's a medium or even small - initial quick measure would seem to confirm - but wanted to be sure?

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Dunno about the road bikes, but on the MTB HT there is a little round sticker on the seatube, on the inside of the front triangle.

Only about 1cm across, so they are easy to miss.

Alternatively, just measure the frame and compare it to this

Frame size* XS SM MD LG XL

ST Seat Tube 500 515 530 555 570
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823
    If it's similar geometry to the 2010 model, there's all the measurements on the Boardman site:

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/road_team_carbon.html
  • Garryboy
    Thanks guys - have had look no sticker, but measuring again I make seat tube to be 52 and a little bit including the seat post clamp - so looks like a medium or small if you're supposed to exclude the seat post clamp.... :cry:

Oh well, interesting conversation awaits tomorrow!
  • How did you not notice?!
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Garryboy
    A good question - I did have a sit on, as best I could in a crowded Halfords - and they don't let you take them for a test run.

Said to the assistant it felt bit small - saddle height was fine, but reach felt short - he assured me it was a large (states large on receipt / paperwork etc) - so thought best to get it home and take time to set it up etc

Yes, I feel like a plonker now - to keen to get it out the the shop I guess...
  • JKHinton
    JKHinton Posts: 70
    When I collected my bikes from Halfords

My TC had no size marked on it, (Luckly I had a tape measure with me and checked it for size much to the annoyance of the staff :roll: who I think thought I was a bit over the top when I checked the bike over)

The comp had the size marked on it

I hope you get sorted out
    with the correct size soon
  • Garryboy
    JKHinton wrote:

My TC had no size marked on it, (Luckly I had a tape measure with me and checked it for size much to the annoyance of the staff :roll: who I think thought I was a bit over the top when I checked the bike over)

Yep - wishing I had took my tape measure with me today that's for sure!
    Should have taken more time over it, was in a rush with kids in tow etc etc...
  • Garryboy
    JKHinton wrote:

Yep - wishing I had took my tape measure with me today that's for sure!
    Should have taken more time over it, was in a rush with kids in tow etc etc...
  • bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    If your not sure measuring frame...

Check the stem length 120mm c/c = Large, 110=medium and below

Also the seat post on a medium is only 300mm, believe it to be longer on large..

Thats if they haven't swapped parts.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    I've only had mine a few weeks so can't remember for certain, but...

Isn't it on the underside of the down tube? Aopolgies if not. It's just that there is come rather large writing under there that denotes the bike and I thought it mentioned size.
  • Garryboy
    morstar wrote:

Isn't it on the underside of the down tube? Aopolgies if not. It's just that there is come rather large writing under there that denotes the bike and I thought it mentioned size.

Cheers - had a good look - nothing there re size - says something like
    CFG UDCM Team Carbon
    Only other marks are serial number looking things

Anyway, spoke to Halfords today they have sourced a large and should get delivered to the store on Friday - fingers crossed...
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Garryboy wrote:
    morstar wrote:

Cheers - had a good look - nothing there re size - says something like
    CFG UDCM Team Carbon
    Only other marks are serial number looking things

Anyway, spoke to Halfords today they have sourced a large and should get delivered to the store on Friday - fingers crossed...

Are there any giveaway signs its actually a Boardman?