RPCC (Richmond Park CC) - open training ride - 19/20 March

thebongolian
thebongolian Posts: 333
Who is up for a ride this weekend? I'm thinking of a longish Surrey Hills jaunt on Saturday and shorter ride on Sunday, possiby to Windsor.

I've tried to title this to make it a bit more obvious to new members who are always very welcome. Here's what to expect...

:arrow: Meeting point is Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building

:arrow: This a reasonably serious ride while also being sociable. We'll probably go 80-120km / 50-75 miles. Average speed is usually around 25 kph / 17 mph and on the flat we'll be cruising at 20+ mph / 32+ kph

:arrow: However no-one gets dropped and we'll regroup at the top of climbs

:arrow: Exact route varies but Boxhill is a definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top)

I'm gonna sugest an 8:30 meet on Satruday.

Looks like i'll be sunny. Who's in?

Comments

• Looks like i'll be sunny
    If you're gonna be sunny then I guess I'm in, if you're windy I'm out! :lol:

Also thinking of heading to Look Mum No Hands to watch the Milan-San Remo after...
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    Would've loved to do this but will be abroad. Will keep my eye out for the next one :)
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • gbs
    gbs Posts: 450
    Sunday departure 0830 ish will be fine - will keep me upright at a less than enticing dinner-party on Saturday.
    vintage newbie, spinning away
  • Esoteric80 wrote:
    Looks like i'll be sunny
    If you're gonna be sunny then I guess I'm in, if you're windy I'm out! :lol:

I'll lay off the baked beans then...
    Also thinking of heading to Look Mum No Hands to watch the Milan-San Remo after...

Good idea
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    8.30 Saturday sounds good for a longish Surrey Hills ride. Looks like it's going to be a bit chilly overnight on Friday so will need to wrap up.

Possibility for Look Mum No Hands. Do you just head straight there?
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    Gonna have to make one of these at some point but will have just come off nights so its a bit early for me.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Cant do Saturday, but could be persuaded by a short run out Sunday.
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    London-Red wrote:
    Cant do Saturday, but could be persuaded by a short run out Sunday.

Haven't seen you in ages Dave. Hope to see you out on a Saturday soon.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    Won't be able to make the Saturday, Sunday is a go, either short or long.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Planning on Sunday hills, no can do Saturday.
  • london-red
    london-red Posts: 1,266
    Yeah, I'd prefer a Surrey hills ride on Sunday if I make it out. Shortish one though, standard hungry hill, ranmore and box.

Steve, yeah it's been a while - combination of work and heavily pregnant wife is keeping me pretty quiet.. Keeping the miles ticking over on the commute though, so its not all bad.

When summer comes I'll be organising week night laps of RP for anyone interested... Could even sneak in a pint!
  • Not gonna make it out tomorrow - knee feeling a little niggly after today's ride so don't want to push it. If people do make it out, have fun.
  • J09
    J09 Posts: 122
    I'm in for a 8:30 start. Just it does not turn wet.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    Hey J09

I'll be out tomorrow. I normally meet up with RPCC as you turn into the main road at Esher by the green; that would be entail meeting at 8.45 - 9-ish if you set off from Richmond at 8.30. I'm planning on no more than 45 miles or so as I need to be back before 12.

No problem either way - PM me if you are coming out and want some company, otherwise I expect we'll meet up at on some other ride in the near future.

Enjoy