Am I being led up the garden path?

curium
curium Posts: 815
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
In January I ordered a copy of the 2010 Giro d'Italia DVD from the Cycling Weekly Shop.

They took £24.99 off me.

It's now the 16th March and there is no sign of the DVD. The 2011 Giro will be run in 2 months time!

Are they taking the piss? Does this DVD exist?

Everytime I phone they say they are expecting it in soon but it wouldn't take a week to produce and post out this DVD to them if it existed.

Does anybody have further information on what the hell is going on?

Comments

• northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    I ordered mine from wiggle
  • The DVD doesn't even appear to be on the CW website any more.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    I ordered mine from wiggle
    Has it arrived yet?
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Taking your money before sending it out is a bit off. I would cancel the order and find it somewhere else, once the money was back in my account.
  • Yes, I would ask for a refund and start looking elsewhere. They haven't been able to supply you with the goods in reasonable time. If you used a credit card then I believe they can help, as they were acting as your agent in the purchase and can have some influence, but in the first instance deal directly with the seller as they may be genuinely hampered by whoever is distributing the DVD rather than trying to rip you off.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Not 100% certain, but I think it is illeagal to charge your credit card prior to sending your goods (as in charging your card should be done as the goods are sent for despatch, not months prior).

I would cancel the order and demand a refund. If they won't play ball, get your credit card bods to kick up a stink.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!