any recommendations on a 100 mile TT

max83
max83 Posts: 7
edited March 2011 in Amateur race
Hi can anyone on here recommend an open 100 mile TT, ive never done one before but would like to have a go at one, i live in Birmingham but wouldnt mind travelling and ideally the flatter the better but I know there is usually some hills... any help appreciated.

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Try the CTT website, they list all the events there

http://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/Def ... 4__gvfl0=1
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    If you want a flat one, the East District CA 100 is pretty flat, which is near Norwich. Fastish local one to you would be the BDCA 100 on the A50, I think you have to go up the drag to the Blythe Bridge RAB twice though so not flat. Another flatish one is down near Farnham for the Hounslow and District 100 on the A31

National 100 is up in Yorkshire this year, again another good course from what I have seen time wise. Not too sure what the uptake will be though this year, and if you didn't have a time already it might be touch and go getting in, though I don't think the 100 fills up normally.

Dates

Hounslow and District : 29th May
    ECCA (In Cambridgeshire) : 26th June
    WTTA (Near Bath) : 26th June
    National 100 : 9th July
    East District CA : 31st July
    BDCA 3rd September

There are obviously others, and if you wanted a challenging 100, you could always try the KCA 100, though is certainly isn't flat :wink:
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    +1 for the B100/4 course, I'll be marshalling this year :)
  • SBezza
    danowat wrote:
    +1 for the B100/4 course, I'll be marshalling this year :)

The only downside being the bumps in the surface, gets quite annoying after a few miles :lol:
  • Anfield 100 - A proper ( Spoco counting ) 100
  • peejay78
    peejay78 Posts: 3,378
    WTTA run one that's quite popular.
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    you are mental, i can't imagine being in a tt position for the best part of 4hours
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    you are mental, i can't imagine being in a tt position for the best part of 4hours

Don't the majority of people take longer than 4 hours?
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • SBezza
    jibberjim wrote:

Don't the majority of people take longer than 4 hours?

Yep, depending on the course some events no-one gets under 4 hours. 4 hours is nothing really, 12 hours in the TT position is mental LOL
  • I reckon the 100 is the hardest of the lot, there is no let up unlike a 12 hour where most sane people have to ride at a sensibly lower intensity to avoid death. You cant afford to stop and have a sandwich in a 100.
  • SBezza
    I reckon the 100 is the hardest of the lot, there is no let up unlike a 12 hour where most sane people have to ride at a sensibly lower intensity to avoid death. You cant afford to stop and have a sandwich in a 100.

I thought that until last year, then I changed my mind, the 12 hour hurt alot, and for more hours than I would ride a 100 in. Depends on how hard you race the 12 hours I suppose.
  • aah Steve, the crucial word is sane. You have ben TTing for long enough for that part of your personality to be diminished. I bet you didn't stop for lunch no matter how brief in the 12!
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    I'm doing this: http://www.chiltern-hundred.org.uk/inde ... &Itemid=78

Not sure its really suitable for a TT bike though :wink:
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001

:D You are Cancellara and I claim my £5!
  • SBezza
    aah Steve, the crucial word is sane. You have ben TTing for long enough for that part of your personality to be diminished. I bet you didn't stop for lunch no matter how brief in the 12!

I am entering my 3rd year of TT-ing, so haven't done it that long :D

I stopped for a grand total of 8 mins during the 12 hour I did last year. I think I left my sanity at home that day :lol:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Harry B wrote:
    I'm doing this: http://www.chiltern-hundred.org.uk/inde ... &Itemid=78

Not sure its really suitable for a TT bike though :wink:

I'd also question the measurers, as on the website the route is actually between 107 and 110 miles depending on where you look. :lol:
  • max 83, have you done much TT before? 100 miles is probably a bit of a hard start.

With 100 miles vs. 12hr, 12 hr is much worse because in a 100 if you push on you can get to the finish sooner.
  • max83
    max 83, have you done much TT before? 100 miles is probably a bit of a hard start.

With 100 miles vs. 12hr, 12 hr is much worse because in a 100 if you push on you can get to the finish sooner.

Yeah I have been TTing for a few seasons, although none in the last 8 months due to parental responsibilities but I have done some good training since December with pleanty of miles (for me anyway), the one in September looks good that Bezza mentioned (cheers) which would come at the back end of a season of some good TT's and RR's for me hopefully.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    Either the Anfield 100 on 30 June or SCAA/WCTTCA 100 on 17 July.
    Courses: D100/2 and D100/1 respectively according to CTT website (I'm not sure of the difference), both start near Prees in Shropshire. Undulating, but not hilly.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • max83
    Thanks all for the comments its good to know something about the course b4 entering especially if its 100 miles of pain........... cheers.