Cannondale trail SL1 - University of Bath

brianmanagn
brianmanagn Posts: 4
edited March 2011 in MTB stolen
My bike was stolen outside 4W. Bolt cutters used on a cable lock.

The bike is black, right hand pedal has the outer black plastic broken off it and a spoke on the rear wheel had snapped. Some scuff marks on the forks.

Let me know if you see it or find it please.

Brian

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    My bike was stolen outside 4W. Bolt cutters used on a cable lock.

The bike is black, right hand pedal has the outer black plastic broken off it and a spoke on the rear wheel had snapped. Some scuff marks on the forks.

Let me know if you see it or find it please.

Brian

Sorry to read your bike was nicked. But using a cable lock you may as well use string. How much was the cable lock, £5.99? A good D-lock or two is a necessity.
    You say one of the pedals was broken and a spoke on the rear wheel and it was generally scuffed does this mean it was a bit of an old uncared for jallopy? A pic would be helpful.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • The lock was crap, but cost me £20. My D-Lock got trapped within a building site when the builders did some work at the uni, when I got back to it they had cut all the ones that were left. For sure I will always use a d-lock in the future, I just got complacent. The bike was in good condition, but damaged from use. the plastic pedal support was there if I didn't want to wear cleats (but I always do). The spokes kept going on the back wheel. I was told it was because that was what disc brakes do!!! The scuffs were from falling off :)

The bike was stolen thursday 10th March, frame number UM64474. I spent several hours servicing it the sunday before, including bleeding the breaks and oiling the pistons as they were sticky! :?