An altercation last night has made my think...

Simonb256
Simonb256 Posts: 880
edited March 2011 in Commuting general
A woman was shouting at me for "swerving all over the road" because I pulled into primary due to parked traffic, followed almost immediately by a ped crossing and followed by me wanted the right hand lane onto an island.

So my two options are to keep pulling in an out so I would effectively be "swerving all over the road" or keep doing what Im doing and stick in primary all the way. Esp as the traffic lights on to the island are almost always on red on approach to them.

Nb. There's usually more parked cars there and are usually further on the road (i.e. completely on the road) than imaged when I go down this road.

The road in question is here: http://tinyurl.com/67tbejm (google maps link).

I am doing around 25mph here too.

I can avoid the road completely by going around it on a dual carriageway. Which is fine, but I do have to pull onto the inside lane of a busy national speed limit carriageway for a couple of islands. Which I'd rather avoid doing.

I'm inclined to keep doing what I am doing to be honest, I just wanted to vent.
"War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Hold the primary, give her the finger or blow her a kiss.

What does she expect you to do, cycle into the back of a car at 25mph. Maybe next time take a look and indicate that your moving across and then hold, just to reinforce what your doing for those incapable of driving with common sens.
  • Simonb256
    Simonb256 Posts: 880
    That is what I already do. Look, signal, manoeuvre then another shoulder check before I start putting the power down again.

The way I behave on the road is as if I'm on a underpowered motorbike, which to me is a fairly accurate analogy. Thats until I get to a big hill esp as I only have one gear at 80.42 gear inches :o
    "War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength." George Orwell - 1984