Where do you keep your bike(s)?

Peddle Up!
Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
edited March 2011 in Road beginners
Just for a bit of fun. My bikes are in the shed, but a mate of mine used to keep his best bike in the marital bedroom! :shock:
Purveyor of "up" :)

Comments

• marksteven
    marksteven Posts: 208
    got 3 in the loft & 4 in the shed :D
  • bugsrabbit
    bugsrabbit Posts: 182
    Some in the garage and two more upstairs in various bedrooms. Although i think the marital bedroom is pushing it, even for me
  • lioneld
    lioneld Posts: 69
    Both in the dining room - drives my Mrs nuts!!!!

Once the baby starts crawling i will be forced to build them a home outside, which I am toying with making in brick with a pitched roof, insulated and with power, possibly carpeted with an underfloor heating system...

when she sees the cost of that, i'll put them back in the house where they belong :wink:
    All Italian
  • dmr-kev
    dmr-kev Posts: 49
    The 3 bikes live in the spare bedroom
    2012 CAAD10 RS80 C24

Felt rxc pro,Pace RC31,Hope Pro2, DT Swiss 4.2d,XTR,mono minis,Thomson,Ritchey WCS,fizik,Easton monkeylite sl,speedking supersonics,and my 2 Titanium/Ceramic hip replacements!

Custom Langster Fixie
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    I think you need more options in the poll!

My best bike stays in my bedroom. Not the spare bedroom, my normal bedroom. However I am not married or currently in a LTR so I can do what I like.. :)

I can't understand the fuss about bikes in the house/flat. I've lived in all sorts of accommodation, and even in a small bedroom in a shared flat I've had no trouble finding wall space for a bike. When you have more than one bike per room however it is time to start looking for other options.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    MTBs in the shed. Alu road bike in the garage and the new Carbpn bike sleeps beside me. The missus is on the couch until the first scratch appeasr on the frame then they swap.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    2 in the hall and 1 in the spare bedroom
  • wadpr
    wadpr Posts: 7
    2 in the garage. One on the turbo in front of the tele. I am even married with two kids! :lol:
  • c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    Its always nicer working on the bike in the bedroom with a nice warm carpet under your feet
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    One on the wall in the kitchen and the other likes to look out of the kitchen window.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    I live in Bristol, so if they were left outside my signature would read, 'used to own....'

Both bikes in the hall (actually under the stairs). Who on earth leaves their bike outside or in a garage? Bikes have feelings!

I would love a garage, but live inner city - so it's never going to happen.
    Simon
  • My Fuji Roubaix 1.0 lives in my front room with me.

I have an old Full Suspension MTB and a Single speed winter roadie locked up outside on the communal landing.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Mine are kept in the hall. The onl real downside is my two year old lkes to check how often I clean my chainset by grabbing it and smearing grease all over his face.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • 3 in the front room (they like watching Eurosport :oops:) , one in the spare bedroom. Rollers and turbo behind sofa :D
  • 3 in the front room (they like watching Eurosport :oops:) , one in the spare bedroom. Rollers and turbo behind sofa :D

Now the big question, do they prefer Sean commentating or when Big Maggy takes over when Sean has racing events he has to attend? :twisted:
  • great thread.... so funny
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Commuter, wifes road bike and daughters bike in security shed in the garden, my road bike in the dining room and wifes old MTB and daughters old bike in the loft.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • In my bedroom. But then I have my bedroom to myself, so enjoy the company 8)
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    We live in a terraced house as a family of five so space is fairly cramped.

To aid this situation I have... The commuter and the steel roadie hanging on the wall above the TV. The mountain bike and the new carbon roadie are currently in the youngest' bedroom as he is in our room. Once he returns to his room, the MTB gets the wheels and saddle taken off and stuffed behind the TV in the corner of the living room. The carbon bike will take one of the wall slots above the TV depending on whether I can work out a suitable hanging method in the hall. One of my bikes may be relegated to the shed :shock:

The mrs can have no complaints as she spends all our money on horses and has about 6 saddles in the cupboard under the stairs.

In total there are 8 bikes in the house and 3 in the shed.
  • One in the conservatory, 1 outside under a shelter, 4 in a vault-like-shed, 2 in the office.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    The mrs can have no complaints as she spends all our money on horses and has about 6 saddles in the cupboard under the stairs
    Well, at least she doesn't keep the horses in the house. :)
  • Three of mine are in the garage. I have treated my carbon road racer to a chain tho, keep it secured to wall..There is no way would my wife let me keep them in the house..I fear she may have to go.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    You think I am going to tell you that on a public forum! Too much information fail. It's for me to know and you to find out. Unbelievable :roll: :lol: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    One in the conservatory, 1 outside under a shelter, 4 in a vault-like-shed, 2 in the office.

Yeah, I can see them. I'm just waiting for you to go out or go to bed :lol: .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • jonrwg
    jonrwg Posts: 39
    I keep it in my bedroom. Looking at my bike every morning feels great for me.
    :lol:
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    5 in the garage, 1 in the dinning room and one on the turbo in the conservatory

Various in bits in boxes in the garage :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Lillywhite
    Lillywhite Posts: 742
    Four bikes hanging from ceiling in internal store room. :wink:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In the tigers cage.......... :)
  • Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    Lillywhite wrote:
    Four bikes hanging from ceiling in internal store room. :wink:

Speaking of which, Lidl are selling a cycle hoist for a fiver this week!
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • Massimo
    Massimo Posts: 318
    My 'best' bike hangs on my bedroom wall
    My commuting bike lives in the hall
    The other three live in the loft
    Crash 'n Burn, Peel 'n Chew
    FCN: 2