Coast to Coast Route

stegaj
stegaj Posts: 2
edited March 2011 in Routes
Hi
We are hoping to ride from Grange Over Sands to Scarborough in three days on mountain bikes for charity and are looking for as mixture of trails, bridleways with a little bit of road to crunch the miles.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I might find a good route without me buying the OS maps and trying to work it out myself, I am not familiar with the area so that makes me a little nervous.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    i would look at the way of the roses cycle route. it will do you from lancaster to bridlington, so a bit of a tweak will see you right.

also worth looking at the trans pennine trail. its a longer ride at 215 miles and takes you from southport to hornsea, but it has a mixture of everything. its well signed too.
  • I looked at this some 2 or 3 years ago, and worked out a route that started at Ravenglass, went through the Lakes and into the Dales, dropping into Hawes. Then going over Wensleydale and into Nidderdale, crossing to the Moors and taking in Dalby Forest before finishing.
  • CLTatters
    CLTatters Posts: 40
    we're doing the way of the roses in early july http://www.wayoftheroses.co.uk/ looks great although we don't plan on doing it in three days! My mate has just got back on a bike after years not riding, so some training first!
    be interested to know what you decided in the end & how it goes
    Tatters