Female friendly MTB groups in NW Leeds?

clairem
clairem Posts: 19
edited March 2011 in MTB rides
originally posted this in the women's section, but thought I might get more of a response here.....

Hi there - anyone know of any MTB groups around NW Leeds? I'm just trying to get into MTB'ing again and it would be good to go out with others who know a few routes around the area. Could do with something relatively beginner friendly to start with - my general fitness is pretty good, but not so sure about my bike-fitness after not doing much of it the last few years!

Comments

• If you are around on Sunday morning there is a ride from Golden Acre Park (car park on Otley Road). See -

http://www.bikemagic.com/forum/forummes ... /1/V/6/SP/

I'm not going (family stuff) but there is nothing technical on the route and the pace will be social. If you look on that North Leeds thread there is someone called Elaine who rides with a mostly female group. If you post on there or and go back and look for a post from 'Elaine' and pm her I'm sure she can point you in the right direction.
  • clairem
    clairem Posts: 19
    great - thanks for this. I can't make this Sunday morning unfortunately, but will definitely check out the Bike Magic link - thanks for your help!
  • Me don't think's that Jez an Jules would like to be called female lol.

Claire i asked on your post that you put on the womens page wht part of Leeds are you?
    As we are Moortown / Allwoodley depending on weather we go out on a Weds evenning (as i work outdoors so if i get soaked during the day i wont go out at night) and every Sunday. Now Sunday's can be anything from local to the Dales once a mth we go out with shecycles if you wont to log onto that website it's www.shecycles.net
    Elaine