Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket

Comments

• freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    "This video is private - Sorry about that"
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    private youtube videos? doesn't that defeat the point of youtube?
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    It just a video of a streaker at a Havant & Waterloo football game, he was wearing a Mankini, he was running rings around the fat stewards, so one of the players takes him out, and then gets sent off.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It just a video of a streaker at a Havant & Waterloo football game, he was wearing a Mankini, he was running rings around the fat stewards, so one of the players takes him out, and then gets sent off.

Where'd you get the mankini from Reddragon, btw ?
  • Tom Butcher
    Is it private - link works for me.

Yeah basically a non-league football player getting sent off for tackling a streaker - thought it was quite a funny sending off but also a good decision given the violence he uses - everyone on my footy team list seems to think the ref needs shooting.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Sounds like the ref made a good decision ? You cant just deck someone these days.

Aahh - when I were a lad......
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    edited March 2011
    We would have given the knob a hanging wedgie, probably from the goal posts and we would invite everyone to take pot shots at him. The Ref is as bad as the streaker though, what are you meant to do? Wait for him to get bored as the pie consuming stewards werent ever going to catch him.

At least some sports have it right;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ctp8JX ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e6Wecw ... re=related
  • The player only brought him down quite gently. I thought he was just helping out the stewards, who probably would have been rougher had they got hold of him. Hope the streaker gets a nice little fine, he deserves it for being an idiot.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    We would have given the knob a hanging wedgie, probably from the goal posts and we would invite everyone to take pot shots at him. The Ref is as bad as the streaker though, what are you meant to do? Wait for him to get bored as the pie consuming stewards werent ever going to catch him.

At least some sports have it right;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ctp8JX ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5e6Wecw ... re=related

I bet the guy in the second clip had some real damage done. The one that always amused me for foolishnesss, although not a streaker, was the guy who tried to parachute into the ring of the Evander Holyfield fight. He didn't quite make it and found himself tangled up in ropes and fallilng incapacitated into the front row of spectators....which consisted of numerous ex-pro boxers who then proceeded to give him an absolute hiding. Not very well thought out.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    The player only brought him down quite gently. I thought he was just helping out the stewards, who probably would have been rougher had they got hold of him. Hope the streaker gets a nice little fine, he deserves it for being an idiot.

Hardly gently! The poor guy was thrown into a summersault! He deserved sending off, it was unnecessarily violent...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Tom Butcher
    Yeah I thought so - OK so the streaker shouldn't be there but the player that tackles him is just taking advantage of the opportunity to show what a hard man he is. If I'd been the ref I'd have sent off a few more for the way they protested too.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • verylonglegs
    The player only brought him down quite gently. I thought he was just helping out the stewards, who probably would have been rougher had they got hold of him. Hope the streaker gets a nice little fine, he deserves it for being an idiot.

Hardly gently! The poor guy was thrown into a summersault! He deserved sending off, it was unnecessarily violent...

How is he poor? He was just another attention seeking tool that seem to be breeding at an alarming rate these days. How long is everyone supposed to wait on a freezing cold night whilst he dances around like a prat?
  • Headhuunter

How is he poor? He was just another attention seeking tool that seem to be breeding at an alarming rate these days. How long is everyone supposed to wait on a freezing cold night whilst he dances around like a prat?

Yes but that's not a licence for violence. If we all went out and assaulted everyone we thought was a "tool", we'd be living in violent semi-anarchy! It's not the footballer's job to "bring down" the streaker, tool or not. He should focus on his game and let security do their bit.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Which planet are you actually from?
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Alderaan
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Alderaan

Oh dear, I'm afraid I have some rather bad news for you about your home world.......
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • Headhuunter
    philthy3 wrote:
    Which planet are you actually from?

Errm, Earth. You?
  • verylonglegs

Yes but that's not a licence for violence. If we all went out and assaulted everyone we thought was a "tool", we'd be living in violent semi-anarchy! It's not the footballer's job to "bring down" the streaker, tool or not. He should focus on his game and let security do their bit.

I think you are being rather melodramatic to liken a slightly more ruthless policy to streakers to a complete breakdown of society. He's an idiot, he didn't even have the wit to do anything original, the mankini is so passé, he had no right to be on that pitch and the player took action when he saw the stewards clearly weren't up to the job...like I said, how long are they expected to wait? If it hurt him then he should learn his lesson and stay in the stands next time.
  • Headhuunter

I think you are being rather melodramatic to liken a slightly more ruthless policy to streakers to a complete breakdown of society. He's an idiot, he didn't even have the wit to do anything original, the mankini is so passé, he had no right to be on that pitch and the player took action when he saw the stewards clearly weren't up to the job...like I said, how long are they expected to wait? If it hurt him then he should learn his lesson and stay in the stands next time.

I still think it was unnecessary violence. He could have stopped him without that. What if you were out on your bike and some motorist thought you were "a tool" and decided to stop you and assault you? Would that be OK? the motorist could call the police but by that time you would be gone, so would it therefore be fine to give yuo a bit of a beating because you're a bit of a "tool" in his opinion?
  • verylonglegs
    OK, last comment from me on this as your analogy is wrong and you are missing a key point. I have legitimate right to use the road and ride a bike there where as Mr. Borat wannabe is holding up a football match, he shouldn't be there and he's spoiling a game for the players and all those who have paid both financiallly and with their leisure time to watch it...he knows he is being a c0ck.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386

But the "violent conduct" happened outside the game. The Police should take action if they think it is merited, not the Ref.
    It wasn't that violent anyway. You will see much worse happen in hundreds of rugby matches this weekend.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I can't believe he got sent off for that or that anyone thinks he should have been. Absolutely ridiculous. The fat, lazy stewards were doing nothing and there was no violence. I've seen players do worse than that to pitch invaders in the premiership and nobody complains. Outrageous.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12682897
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • StillGoing
    He used reasonable force to detain someone. The ref got it wrong. The referees spokesman has admitted it was a wrong decision.
  • StillGoing
    I still think it was unnecessary violence. He could have stopped him without that. What if you were out on your bike and some motorist thought you were "a tool" and decided to stop you and assault you? Would that be OK? the motorist could call the police but by that time you would be gone, so would it therefore be fine to give yuo a bit of a beating because you're a bit of a "tool" in his opinion?

A slight difference there; the tool was committing a criminal offence of entering the playing surface during a designated football match. Ground staff are empowered to detain anyone doing so. Anyone is entitled to assist the staff in doing that. He didn't assault him in any way. No punches were thrown, no kicks, no headbutts. All reasonable force. 22 people on the pitch at the time told the ref he was a jerk. I hope he never gets referee another game for being a pratt.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Yeah I thought so - OK so the streaker shouldn't be there but the player that tackles him is just taking advantage of the opportunity to show what a hard man he is. If I'd been the ref I'd have sent off a few more for the way they protested too.

He did din't he? I heard a TV report that said he lost the plot and issued 5 further reds. When even the opposition players are arguing with the ref that he shouldn't be sent off it sort of proves a point I'd have thought.