Assos BibShorts or Shorts??

Cornish-J
Cornish-J Posts: 978
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
I would prefer normal shorts but just wondering if these ..

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/assos-t-fiuno-s5-bib-shorts/

are the same as these in terms of the padding etc but without straps...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/assos-h-fi-uno-s5-waist-shorts/

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Should be mate. The S5 denotes the pad IIRC.
    Would be bibs everytime for me though
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Definitely bibs for me. And I'd save your dosh and buy the DHBs. I find them comfier than the big pad on my assos.
  • Dadmo
    Dadmo Posts: 61
    Go for the bibs - far more comfortable. Asso Unos are terrific - very comfortable, and more durable than any other kit I've used.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    Bibs for me too, put on my shorts today (as my bibs were being washed) and found they kept rolling down at the front and my back/ kidneys got cold. The bibs keep your back warmer and are far more comfortable around the midriff.
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    Only a woman or a man who has had a sex change operation would prefer shorts over bib-shorts.
  • markmod
    markmod Posts: 501
    One way of putting it bonebonce :lol:
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    bibs ever time...

forget the DHB - I have tried different items over the last couple of years and every one has turned out to be a mistake, except the merino baselayer.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    Having unwittingly observed the horror of someone's hairy, undulating bum crack first hand, after their shorts rolled down too far at the back, I can only stress the importance of using bibs.

Of all the scars that I've accumulated from cycling, that one is the worst.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    bibs all the way for me too, shorts are a nightmare
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm going to stand alone and say that shorts are fine - I have both of these types and have no preference except that bibs are warmer when it's cold and shorts are cooler when it's hot (I ride hot). As far as I'm aware I've never been at risk of displaying my crack - the Assos shorts come up high at the back.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I'm going to stand alone and say that shorts are fine - I have both of these types and have no preference except that bibs are warmer when it's cold and shorts are cooler when it's hot (I ride hot). As far as I'm aware I've never been at risk of displaying my crack - the Assos shorts come up high at the back.

Agreed shorts are fine but but my good stuff is all bibs.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    I prefer shorts. I have had a sex change though a couple of years back.