Kolo Touré failed test after taking wife's diet pill

neilo23
neilo23 Posts: 783
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... NETTXT3487

Where are all of the "ban him for life" reactions that a cyclist would get? Is it because of the huge amounts of money thrown around in the football world? He seems to be getting more sympathy than anything else. More "bad luck, son, who would have know that your wife's diet tablets contain illegal ingredients?" instead of the usual "yeah, right, you didn't know. Pull the other one" that a cyclist would get.
And being an ex-Gooner, he's definitely untrustworthy (guess what my club is) :wink:

Comments

• fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    thats because most cycling fans are about as sympathetic to human frailties as torquemada
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • snailracer
    snailracer Posts: 968
    In other words, Kolo said his wife is fat => doghouse!
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I have no sympathy for him....if he's too fat, then either get on top of it in manner that doesn't breach doping rules, or be fat and dont earn millions per year....simple really! Hopefully he'll get a two year ban, although very unlikely imo
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    you can see why he was worried though, i mean once you start gaining weight you end up like a libyan dictator

59959971-06D2-3B8F-C878A758791BCA5E.jpg

1268333.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Should be a 2-year ban, somehow can't see that happening.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    I think I saw something on the teletext that another footballer who had a similar ''inadvertant'' positive got a five week ban...
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    I heard some pundit on 5 Live this mooring claiming there was no doping in football because of the mix of endurance and explosive speed needed in the sport. Apparently there's no drug that can enhance that kind of performance.............MY AR5E!

FIFA just bury their collective heads in the sand, sadly the money means there'll never be a Festina type event that brings the whole thing to a head and start the ball rolling. Only thing they don't have the same need for is out of season testing and whereabouts as they are competing for 11 months of the year and can be found at their training grounds every day more or less. The testers just need ton turn up unannounced.
  • ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    BigG67 wrote:
    I heard some pundit on 5 Live this mooring claiming there was no doping in football because of the mix of endurance and explosive speed needed in the sport. Apparently there's no drug that can enhance that kind of performance.............MY AR5E!

FIFA just bury their collective heads in the sand, sadly the money means there'll never be a Festina type event that brings the whole thing to a head and start the ball rolling. Only thing they don't have the same need for is out of season testing and whereabouts as they are competing for 11 months of the year and can be found at their training grounds every day more or less. The testers just need ton turn up unannounced.

unless you're Rio Ferdinand...
    Didn't the IOC threaten to kick FIFA out of the olympics as a result of their attitude to doping? And a google of doping + juventus can prove interesting.