4 bike carrier with kids bikes on?

alphacharlie
alphacharlie Posts: 202
After much research I have it narrowed down to the Atera Strada DL3 with 4th bike adaptor or the Thule G5 909 and 4th bike adaptor.

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehs ... hp?20384=&

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehs ... 8f1x4TwtAq

Planning on using either one as the 3 bike version first with the 2 kids bikes on one rack between the 2 adult bikes on the outer racks.

Anyone got either carrier and use it for kids bikes?
Cheers
AC
Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
PDQ for the TT stuff

Comments

• baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    Got a mate with the Thule EuroClassic and he loves it, although... it does sometimes get a slight 'bounce' happening, and you feel the weight on the rear of the car (he'd like to work for TopGear) ;)

He had kids, but they're pre-bike at the moment. He did, however, buy it with that intended future use.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • baudman wrote:
    Got a mate with the Thule EuroClassic and he loves it, although... it does sometimes get a slight 'bounce' happening, and you feel the weight on the rear of the car (he'd like to work for TopGear) ;)

He had kids, but they're pre-bike at the moment. He did, however, buy it with that intended future use.

Thanks matey, good to get an opinion before I part with the dosh
    Cheers
    AC
    Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
    Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
    PDQ for the TT stuff
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    I have got the Atera Strada DL 3 with 4th bike adapter. Got it last year from roofbox and it is a superb piece of kit although very expensive. We use it with 2 adult bikes and 2 kids bikes and have only ever put a kids bike on the 4th adapter. Holds the bikes rock solid and is so easy to assemble to the tow bar and get the bikes loaded. I have found the ability to slide the whole unit forward extremely useful so that you can still get into the boot of the car.
    I have no experience of any other tow bar mounted bike racks but can definitely recommend the Atera.