Boadman 2011range

tbeat
tbeat Posts: 119
edited March 2011 in MTB buying advice
Just spotted a teaser for the 2011 mtb range. according to twitter the new range should be out soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rDeh8KCrc

Comments

• NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    think he's going into the arms trade with his own "SLR" (self loading rifle?) advertised on his website as coming soon.
  • Can't wait to see the reviews of the carbon hardtail!
    Specialized Roubaix Pro Expert 2020
    Boardman HT Pro Ltd Ed MTB
    Boardman Pro Carbon Road Bike (Turbo Trainer)
    Charge Mixer
  • RooW
    RooW Posts: 8
    They need to bump up the video quality. Then we can pause it and analyse what we see :)
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    I also spotted a tapered steerer tube on the white one at the end.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    These are the new carbon hard tails that line up ahead of the Pros in the range.

They look the nuts with the internal plumbing, the short headset and those fat chain stays. The head set reinforcing is huge. It will take some abuse.

Rumoured to be 10kg (22lb).

I was told the new range is launched on 3rd March (reasonably reliable source).
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    thel33ter wrote:
    I also spotted a tapered steerer tube on the white one at the end.
    looks like it
  • jacob2910
    jacob2910 Posts: 218
    pause at 0:12 seconds in to the clip to see the bike i spotted a RS sid on one of them+ taper :shock: :shock:
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Not just SID but the World Cup flavour! That's a £900 front shock.

I can't quite make out the group set but it looks substantial.

If they are around £1600, I am so going to buy one of these.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    I suspect there will be a load of second hand Boardmans on eBay this summer!

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    About bl00dy time too - here were are 2 months into 2011 and the Boardman website is still showing the 2010 range...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Tell me about it, I've been waiting for them to release these new bikes before buying my new bike. Supposed to be released today, still waiting.

I'm hoping for something with 140mm at the back, Revs, full SRAM group, price tag around the £1,400-£1,600 mark (depending on spec).
  • JEZ 8553
    JEZ 8553 Posts: 42
    Tell me about it, I've been waiting for them to release these new bikes before buying my new bike. Supposed to be released today, still waiting.

I'm hoping for something with 140mm at the back, Revs, full SRAM group, price tag around the £1,400-£1,600 mark (depending on spec).

haha, me too, i just hope they have something a bit more AM than the current Pro full suss. It's holding me off ordering a Canyon :roll:

I cant see it being launched today when the only bit of info is on Chris's own twitter site :?
    Boardman Pro Carbon HT 2011
    Boardman Team Hybrid 2010
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Canyon Ultimate CF 9.0 2012
  • JEZ 8553
    *Oops* Double post :roll:
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
  • JEZ 8553 wrote:
    Tell me about it, I've been waiting for them to release these new bikes before buying my new bike. Supposed to be released today, still waiting.

haha, me too, i just hope they have something a bit more AM than the current Pro full suss. It's holding me off ordering a Canyon :roll:

I cant see it being launched today when the only bit of info is on Chris's own twitter site :?

Lol! Funny you should say that actually because I currently have a Canyon Nerve AM all ready to order. :lol:
  • JEZ 8553
    JEZ 8553 wrote:

Lol! Funny you should say that actually because I currently have a Canyon Nerve AM all ready to order. :lol:

Yep, Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 im looking at, will be good to see how the new Boardman compares (sticking with SRAM so easy to swap with my current Boardman Team Hardtail and Hybrid).
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
  • JEZ 8553 wrote:
    JEZ 8553 wrote:

Yep, Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 im looking at, will be good to see how the new Boardman compares (sticking with SRAM so easy to swap with my current Boardman Team Hardtail and Hybrid).

Hehe, you're looking at the 2 exact bikes I am. I'm also getting a reverb post (ordered from CRC) and have some superstar ultra mag pedals here waiting to go on the new steed
  • JEZ 8553
    YUmm....reverb post 8) , i was considering the higher specced AM as it came with one but i guess i should just consider buyying it seperately like yourself :)

Looks like the official launch is tonight...

http://plixi.com/p/81270733

Wonder when they will be available to buy ? Surely they cant have secretly shipped them to all their suppliers (i believe the Elite range isnt limited to just Halfords :D ) and Halfrauds stores overnight ?? :?
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
  • ollie51
    ollie51 Posts: 517
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    I can't quite make out the group set but it looks substantial.

It had XX cranks so I presume it'll xx all over.
  • StimCity
    StimCity Posts: 7
    Guys in my local HF store suggested April yesterday.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    StimCity wrote:
    Guys in my local HF store suggested April yesterday.

Lol like you can rely on them
  • StimCity
    StimCity Posts: 7
    Lol like you can rely on them

Indeed, but they were all young and bouncing up and down with excitement with their staff discounts, bless them...

http://plixi.com/p/81318600

Something a little more on-topic.
  • JEZ 8553
    Apart from the new EM range it looks like a step down...

http://www.boardmanbikes.co.kr/html/sub02_01.html

Want to see prices for their full suss's, if the Pro is £1600 then I'm afraid it's a Canyon for me.
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
  • JEZ 8553
    Oh and apparently they will start becoming available from tomorrow.
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
  • new 2011 range on now

with savngs of £9150

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1996 GT Borrego - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert - 2010 Specialized enduro expert
  • http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/fs_pro.html

The full range with english prices here
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Interesting.The entry level comp has a rigid carbon fork,instead of a low end ,poorly damped budget offering.Total weight is listed as 25lb.

Much better way to hit a price point,than to lumber it with an ineffective suspension fork.Wonder how long it will be before other manufacturers follow suit.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • The rigids bikes are the replacements for the hybrids, judging by the slicks. The entry level hardtail MTB still comes with a crappy Suntour XCR.

Just noticed a new range of hybrids too. Confusing.
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    Looks like the Comp R is a slicked and rigid forked mtb,whereas the others are more road orientated hybrids.........
    Interesting idea though.I reckon many on a budget might be better off getting one of these,and getting a pair of proper off road tyres than the entry level front suspension bikes.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • Meh.

£1,600 for the pro. It's good, certainly one of the best value packages I've seen for the UK, but I dunno, I just expected...... more.

Was probably expecting a bit much of it really.

The Pro HT still seems to have retained a lot of value, although it does seem to have dropped very slightly spec wise at least the price remains the same.
  • JEZ 8553
    Just ordered the Canyon Nerve AM 6.0, was also expecting better :(
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011