Cycling facilities in Canterbury?

delta5
delta5 Posts: 265
edited March 2011 in Commuting general
Hi All
I might be moving to Canterbury later this year and would appreciate some advice . . .
    Is it reasonable to cycle across town, for example between Littlebourne and Canterbury West Station? Is it ok, or a nightmare wrt traffic? Are there any dedicated cycle routes / paths (anywhere in Canterbury, not just to the east)? Are there decent bike lock-up facilities at Canterbury West Station?
Thanks in advance
D5
My abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry, sunny conditions.

Comments

• laughingboy
    laughingboy Posts: 248
    I used to live in Canterbury, quite a while ago now. All the same, travelling from the West Station to Littlebourne would be easy. Head to the Westgate, turn left down Pound Lane and follow the round all the way round to the back of the Cathedral/Kings School (Knight's Lane, Borough). Then turn right into Artillery St, across Miltary Rd (cylce crossing only), and take the little cycle path through to N Holmes Rd to the bottom of St Martin's Hill. Puff your way up to the top, and then all the way to Littlebourne.

In general, Canterbury is fine for cycling. I can't help on specific facilities, I'm afraid.
  • delta5
    delta5 Posts: 265
    Thanks for the reply laughingboy.
    Now it looks like I'm not going to be moving there anyway. . :?
    My abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry, sunny conditions.