Do you find........

Dunkindiver
Dunkindiver Posts: 143
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
that you get lots of smiles from ladeees of a certain age whilst cycling?

I cycled around the 'hood and the local shops today for the first time in several months and seemed to get lots of beaming smiles from the ladeeees!, both pedestrians and car drivers!

(I did check that the boys were safely back in the barracks!)

Comments

• Can't say that I do :(
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    that you get lots of smiles from ladeees of a certain age whilst cycling?

I cycled around the 'hood and the local shops today for the first time in several months and seemed to get lots of beaming smiles from the ladeeees!, both pedestrians and car drivers!

(I did check that the boys were safely back in the barracks!)
    It's the urine stain down the leg of your white shorts, I'd stick them in the wash if I were you.
  • I seem to have had a lot of smiles recently from women of circa 60 years recently. I think I just assumed that I had somehow started emitting some kind of grandfatherly pheromones that grandmothers were particularly sensitive to.

Mind you, I've also noticed that I've recently had a good number of smiles and exchanges of (friendly) hand gestures with men too so I really don't know what's going on...
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    Dunkindiver do you want to specify the age range........it could be a big incentive for more rides, or could actually discourage them!
  • I get frequently perved at in the local cafe by "ladies who lunch". Think it's the bottle of wine they've consumed by 11am though,
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Funny story.

I was round at my mates house last year in my lycra bibs, also had a bit of a tan because id been away in Lanzoroti, plus i was in good shape, fit and healthy.

I was in the living room talking to my mate and his girlfreind when they where eating there dinner, and she would look at me and then look away, sort of talking to me but not looking at me, she didnt know what to do. Maybe there was a bulge i dont know, or maybe itwas the tight shorts highlighting my ass and legs. Funny as hell.

My mate and I where laughing about the next day.

Another one was, around the same time of year and I was riding down by the beach and 2 girls on bikes between about the age of 20/21. I was letting them through the gate and one turned to the other and went "here's one for you" i assumed she was talking about me, i just looked at them with a big smile on my face.
  • Dunkindiver
    Dunkindiver Posts: 143
    Ollieda wrote:
    Dunkindiver do you want to specify the age range........it could be a big incentive for more rides, or could actually discourage them!

lets just say I couldn't guarantee they all had their own teeth!