Cannondale Trail SL4 2010 Updated 02/12/11

CannondaleRambo
CannondaleRambo Posts: 26
edited December 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi, I'm new to this forum so please excuse any schoolboy errors anyway here's my bikep4pb6230416.jpg
It's a Cannondale Trail SL4 2010. It has a 9 speed deore groupset, RST deuce forks. I am pleased with how the bike has performed since I've had it but it's at the point where things are starting to wear out. at the moment I'm looking for new forks and brakes.

Comments

• The rock shox recons are good forks and you can get them for 124 squids over here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2011-RockShox-Recon-Silver-TK-Suspension-Forks-WHITE-/290464893652?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item43a10e8ad4#ht_2388wt_982

The store has 100% feedback and gets the forks straight from rockshox which is why they're so cheap.

They can be adjusted between 80, 100 and 120mm travel.

Hope this is useful.
    Big guy; small air!
  • The rock shox recons are good forks and you can get them for 124 squids over here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2011-RockShox-Recon-Silver-TK-Suspension-Forks-WHITE-/290464893652?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item43a10e8ad4#ht_2388wt_982

The store has 100% feedback and gets the forks straight from rockshox which is why they're so cheap.

They can be adjusted between 80, 100 and 120mm travel.

Hope this is useful.

Cheers I will keep those in mind :)
  • Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, but to change the travel, I think you need to get them serviced, because the travel is adjusted internally.
    Big guy; small air!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i have ridden one of those and i really liked it, i thought the forks were spot on,
  • i have ridden one of those and i really liked it, i thought the forks were spot on,
    To be honnest I havent had much look with the forks they started to breaking after two months from then they have been on and off which I did find quite disappointing but other than the foks I found the bike really good
  • 007iron
    007iron Posts: 52
    SNAP..

[img][/img]P1000857.jpg

Not as clean looking now ... Never had a problem with the forks to date[/url]
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    thse are such good looking bikes in the flesh, i was well impressed with the one i rode for a bit.

i really was suprised by how good the fork was, i thought with it being an RST it owuldnt be up to much but it must be one of their better offerings.
  • jakeeeeeee
    jakeeeeeee Posts: 270
    liking the bike :D btw were did u get your pedals from and how much did u pay ?
  • 007iron
    007iron Posts: 52
    jakeeeeeee wrote:
    liking the bike :D btw were did u get your pedals from and how much did u pay ?

Dont no if you are talking to me or mr rambo but if its me

CHAIN RACTION
    1 Shimano M520 Clipless SPD Pedals - White
    ID: 139490
    Unit Price: £18.49

that inc cleats.

Never had one bit of trouble with them also.
  • jakeeeeeee
    jakeeeeeee Posts: 270
    oh cheers :lol::wink:
  • The frame's been out of use for a while after I moved to a full suspension. I've now build this back up with spare parts and bits from the full sus, here's the spec and pictures.
    p4pb7452614.jpg

Frame: Cannondale Trail SL4 2010
    Forks: Rock Shox Tora 302, 130mm Solo Air
    Bars: Cannondale C4
    Stem: Cannondale C4
    Headset: Crane Creek S3 with reducer cups
    Grips: Token TK986GA

Front Brake Lever assy: Shimano BR - M595
    Front Caliper: Shimano BR - M595
    Front disc: Shimano XT
    Rear Brake Lever assy: Shimano BR - M595
    Rear Caliper: Shimano BR - M595
    Rear Disc: Shimano XT
    Hoses: Shimano BR - M595

Shifters: Shimano Deore
    Front Mech: Shimano Deore
    Rear Mech: Shimano Slx
    Chain Device: N/A

Seat: Cannondale C4
    Seat Post: Cannondale C4
    Seat Post Clamp: Cannondale C4

Cranks: Shimano Octalink
    Chainring(s): Shimano
    Chain: KMC
    Cassette: Sram PG950 9 Speed
    Pedals: Shitty Plastic
    Bottom Bracket: Shimano ES25

Front Wheel:
    Rim: Alexrims DP17
    Spokes: Black
    Hub: Formula DC 20
    Tube: Bontrager
    Tire: Maxxis Ignitor 2.35 Wire

Back Wheel:
    Rim: Alexrims DP17
    Spokes: Black
    Hub: Formula DC20
    Tube: Bontrager
    Tire: Panaracer XC Fire Pro 2.1 Folding

I haven't rode the bike properly but I'm looking forward to it.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    007iron wrote:
    SNAP..

[img][/img]P1000857.jpg

Not as clean looking now ... Never had a problem with the forks to date[/url]

those pedals realy are bad! reminds me of my old giant! :lol:
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • I have been out a few times on my re-built Cannondale and I have to say it performs a lot better than i was hoping Leaving the forks at a 130mm was a good choice since the bike originally came with a 100mm.
    There are still a few more improvements i need to do before i get the bike in fully working condition and that is a new set of wheels as the free hub is not in the best of shape, I need to get the brake hoses cut as they are miles too long, and I also may need a new front mech as the pivots are starting to become a little bit loose.