Cotic bfe rear rotor compat ?

sheepshifter
sheepshifter Posts: 115
edited March 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Having broken firstly a pace 305 and after only 5 months broken 325.5 thought i would ditch alloy and go for some beef in the way of steel,on the transfering of parts will my 203 disc fit on the rear, dony really want to changed the power of my hope v2.How is your cotic if you ride one any pics of your build.
PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS

Comments

• i know the soul only takes upto a 180mm disc,and yes in the last four years 4 frames in all have broke on me im beginning to be a tad mythed .
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so you have the frame? then see if it fits.

Or is the question this.

Will a 203 rear rotor fit on a Cotic bfe frame?

why you would need such a big rotor is beyond me unless as the tests show the Hope are seriously under powered.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The frames due to be delivered and yes hope brakes are under powered
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Hope brakes aint underpowered, they stop me just fine... 180 fits on the back, more than big enough.
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Having broken firstly a pace 305 and after only 5 months broken 325.5 thought i would ditch alloy and go for some beef in the way of steel,on the transfering of parts will my 203 disc fit on the rear, dony really want to changed the power of my hope v2.How is your cotic if you ride one any pics of your build.

Actually, having both a Soul and a Bfe, I can tell you that 203 fits on both of them. Having had a email exchange with Cy, he seemed happy about the 203 on the soul.

The BFe is fitted with V2 - and other than them blowing the rear tube, they are great stoppers ...
    Rockshok Revelation 140s
    Thomson 80mm stem
    Ragley Bars
    Spoon saddle
    SLX most everything else
    Currently fulcrum wheels
    And Maaxis something or other tyres

Anything else you want to know

The Soul is similar but with Revelation 130s on, and Easton bars with Hope M4s , and Hope Hoops as wheels
    Again SLX moving stuff

Ehem ... I prefer the feel of the BFe!!
    Cotic Soul
    Cotic BFe
    Cotic Road Rat
    Orange Patriot (2006 version)
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Still wondering why in the world anyone would put a 203 on the back... Unless to compensate for a totally useless brake.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Still wondering what language the op speaks.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks pieman a straight answer you obviously know that the v2 only works at full capacity with a 203 thats what it was designed for , and thanks for the feedback on the bfe your build sounds very much the same to mine.Sorry if my post seemed odd to some folk and if i was talking b........,but thats the way it is with v2 brake i dont make the rules just happened to be my stopper of choice.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • Northwind
    Is it an old V2 or a modern Tech V2?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Its the new tech v2 the braking surface on the disc is larger than a normal roter which is needed for the full pad to make contact, only 203 are made in normal or mega vented for alpine desents.Thanks for your reply.This is why i cant change the disc size for a new frame if they were none compatable.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • Northwind
    edited March 2011
    The Tech V2 is compatible with 183mm. The vented rotor only comes in 203mm since anyone who thinks they need the vented rotor won't be buying a 183mm, makes no sense. But you can get the floating rotor in 183mm no bother and it's sold that way as a complete kit.

I'm prepared to bet you 1 scottish pound you don't need a 203mm vented rear rotor :wink:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    The Tech V2 is compatible with 183mm. The vented rotor only comes in 203mm since anyone who thinks they need the vented rotor won't be buying a 183mm. But you can get the floating rotor in 183mm no bother and it's sold that way as a complete kit.

I'm prepared to bet you 1 scottish pound you don't need a 203mm vented rear rotor :wink:

Whats that? about 3p in real money? :wink:
  • only 203 are made in normal or mega vented for alpine desents.

For the answer why a 203 , check out where I live ...
    Cotic Soul
    Cotic BFe
    Cotic Road Rat
    Orange Patriot (2006 version)
  • Your right northwind what a dunderhead i am.Just broke my bike down and the rear roter is a 183 after all that i was wrong o well defo fit my cotic now.
    PACE RC325.5 1x9

GENESIS io SS
  • Northwind
    Ah, all credit to you feller, I wouldn't have admitted to that :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist