Poorly worded advertisement?

walkingbootweather
walkingbootweather Posts: 2,443
edited March 2011 in Road stolen
Am making no accusations whatsoever, but most cyclist I know might have worded this better:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sporting-goods-/320661923080?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4aa8f0a508
Nobody told me we had a communication problem

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    2 pecies of bicycles mad of Carbon fiber ( cboardman ) and bothe of them have 10 speed girs and the girs mad of Titanium

Is this a 2x5 set-up then? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    or is it 2 bikes?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ^^ who can tell, but clearly bought with care and duly cherished wouldn't you think?

Strangely collection in person doesn't appear to be an option, which is just as well because you might struggle to find Middlesbrough in West Yorkshire....

Oh well, I'd best just send cash to this first time seller then.....
  • Am making no accusations whatsoever, but most cyclist I know might have worded this better:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/sporting-goods-/320661923080?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4aa8f0a508

No accusations you say whilst starting the thread in Road Stolen?
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • No offence intended, and it would be unwise to make any accusations without evidence. Does this appear to be a genuine advertisement in your opinion?

Is it in the public interest to highlight dubious transactions and if so how is the best way to do this?

Just tossing a few generalisations into the mix (not talking about any specific case)

- People that own quality bikes usually have a pretty good idea of the specification and will descibe these fully
    - Genuine sellers are often happy to allow potential purchasers to view the bike in the flesh and / or collect in person if they win
    - Sometimes thieves sell stolen good via on-line auction sites
    - Finding a specific bike from a vague description on ebay is not easy
    - Identifying 'dubious advertisements' may help to identify potential illegal activity
    - By attempting to identify 'dubious advertisements' we may inadvertantly introduce doubt to genuine transactions

If mods feel this post is inappropriate I can only offer my apologies and hope that it will be removed.