nutrition

ozzzyosborn206
ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
I think the easiest improvement i could make to what i do training wise more effective would be to improve what i think is my poor diet, does anyone have any recommendations for a book, website or whatever that gives a good guide on what to eat when and at different stages of the year for different aims of training

Comments

• Biaggi
    Biaggi Posts: 14
    I can recommend the following books, all available from Amazon:

Racing Weight and Quick Start Guide to Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald.

Sports Nutrition by Anita Bean.

Both are packed with all the info you need with meal plans, goals etc etc.
  • pianoman
    pianoman Posts: 706
    If you check out a lot of sports nutrition compant y websites they'll cover some pretty good meal plans. I seem to recall reading on one fitness blog that performance is actually 80% nutrition, 20% training :idea:

Now that may well be for those who just want to pose in the mirror :shock: but it's fair to say that there's a lot of free information out there. Try doing a google search for a company like Sci-Mx or Maximuscle and compare your own diet to theirs. Then start to make gradual changes in their direction (in other words it's not going to change overnight).
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    sounds mental but I get alot of good ideas from the recipes in womens mags. closer seems to be the best
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    And don't forget a pre-race super-strong coffee for that added legal boost! Works even better if you don't normally drink it (the zoom is reduced for people with a built-up tolerance to caffeine).

Do not do this if you haven't had a bowel movement in a while however, or you may need to miss the start.