BRUNO X fork lubricant

Devastazione
Devastazione Posts: 280
edited March 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
I've just got this thing,it's supposed to keep my fork rubber seals well lubed or something. So far it just smells like CRC ad applying it has been quite messy. Any good feedback or it's just a crappy product ??

[img][/img]brunox.jpg

Specialized Tarmac Sworks
Canyon Spectral 8.9

Comments

• gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Smells like crc :?

I spray my stanchions with this
    Fork_Juice.jpg
    it smells of raspberries :)
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Fork Juice = standard silicon spray + bike-specific markup. But otoh it feels better for the soul to use "proper bike stuff" so that might be worth the price difference ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    been using the deo, lasts ages, seems ok, tbh, as long it dont rot the seals, i will use anything

even GT85, in the none-aerosol can
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • Doe is the shizzle :P
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    The only product I have tried that has a noticable effect is finish line stanchion lube.
    It is a liquid flouropolymer. Simplified, it is kinda like a liquid teflon (low surface energy so very litte atomic attration to it).

The difference is makes is significant.

I have tried a few other products, nothing else made a difference...scrub that, quite a few made a difference, just rarely positive.

There are a few problems with stanchion lube.
    1: it is explosive.
    This has two issues. Firstly, it is unavailable in the UK so you have to import it (most shops will not export as not allowed in the post). I get mine from the enduro bearings shop in the USA. It will also get you pulled aside every time you fly with your bike. Just a pain having to repack your bike when security check it out (it trips their VOC detector).

2: It is expensive. The bottle is tiny, and you litterally only need a drop per stanc every few months (no solvent to evap, so very concentrated) but worth it.

Even taking in to account these issues, it is worth it to me.

Most stancs have such low frictions that lubing with normal oils has no positive effect, and makes dirt attract to them.

So, expensive, explosive, exclusive and effective
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • gtd.
    gtd. Posts: 626
    Northwind wrote:
    Fork Juice = standard silicon spray + bike-specific markup. But otoh it feels better for the soul to use "proper bike stuff" so that might be worth the price difference ;)

... but it smells of raspberries :D
    Mountain: Orange Patriot FR, SubZero & Evo2LE.
    Road: Tifosi Race Custom.
    Do it all bike: Surly Disc Trucker 700c/29er
  • getonyourbike
    getonyourbike Posts: 2,648
    GTD. wrote:
    Smells like crc :?

I spray my stanchions with this
    Fork_Juice.jpg
    it smells of raspberries :)
    i love it too... just for the smell! :D

Nah, its actually really good stuff, it stops any stiction snd dirt doesn't like sticking. Any dirt in the seals, also seems to be 'pulled away' when i ump the fork a few times. So when I wipe te excess off, te forks are running perfectly again.

It smells so nice :lol: