Ultimate geek purchase

spongtastic
spongtastic Posts: 2,651
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Finally the first is here

dc1ae1ef.jpg

On the way a UH-1H, waiting to see if I've won a Jaguar T2, AH-64A, F-4E, F4-EJ, F-15E, and F/A-18A. All from the same series. Nerdy!
Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    A plastic helicopter?
    How nice for you.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Wahey :!:

I'd love to be "allowed" to make those again but wife and 2 small kids prevent :(

At one stage I had most of the (then) current range of aircraft and AFVs - all by Tamiya, as well as a couple of battleships Iowa/New jersey being the best/most fun one to build :)
  • Chrissz wrote:
    Wahey :!:

I'd love to be "allowed" to make those again but wife and 2 small kids prevent :(

At one stage I had most of the (then) current range of aircraft and AFVs - all by Tamiya, as well as a couple of battleships Iowa/New jersey being the best/most fun one to build :)

Surely their all exactly as boring to build as each other? How can you have more fun building one pile of sticks than another one?
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    that Hesegawa ?

Jesus, that takes me back
  • It's not a jetpack.

Jetpack = ultimate geek purchase

title = wrong
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Lame
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Ann Summers sell plastic choppers, you dont need to put them together either, and its more fun to lick clean after its been used
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Ann Summers sell plastic choppers, you dont need to put them together either, and its more fun to lick clean after its been used

Surely the blades cause the red water to flow?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I'm pretty sure that's nerdy rather than geeky.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Yay!

Mine keeps costing more and more money.

Initially got the kit for a tenner, then bought an aribrush for another £20, then spent another £30 the other day on paint :roll:
  • Excellent choice - I have a 'staffel' of 1:32 Hasegawa Bf 109s going from an Emil up to a pair of Gustavs (G-4 and G-16).
    Takes ages to get them as Hasegawa only build them in small batches now - it took almost a year to get my G-4 after ordering it...

My German relatives are slightly baffled as to why I have 'Nazi' aeroplanes on the living-room shelves...

To those who don't get model-making: you know that saying - men are just boys, but taller?
    Well it's true - so what do you expect?
    Some might say that playing around on bicycles in the mud is pretty juvenile as well...
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:

Surely the blades cause the red water to flow?

Well there was this one time, in Bolton!!!!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • spongtastic
    Yay!

Mine keeps costing more and more money.

Initially got the kit for a tenner, then bought an aribrush for another £20, then spent another £30 the other day on paint :roll:

hmm spend so far is about £30 on paint and sables from ebay, and another £30 on tools and stuff from modelhobbies.co.uk. Can't do anything until the microset and microsol turn up though.

• Have you ever tried digital modelling? That can be a lot of fun and very rewarding too.
  • Gazlar
    ctrlaltdel wrote:
    Have you ever tried digital modelling? That can be a lot of fun and very rewarding too.

what? Like posing for Nuts Magazine?
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ctrlaltdel
    ctrlaltdel Posts: 114
    lol no, I mean making aircraft models on a computer;

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 627&page=1
  • spongtastic
    ctrlaltdel wrote:
    lol no, I mean making aircraft models on a computer;

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread. ... 627&page=1

I would but my computing time and skillz are limited to posting stuff on here, facebook and B3TA.