PSA.. Top Gear NOW

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited February 2011 in The Crudcatcher
BBC2
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    John Prescott's very entertaining.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Don't know if it was my eyes, but did they blur the windows on the Porsche/Ferrari bit in places. I assume it was where Hammond wasn't driving, and they had got some extra footage.

Either that or i imagined it!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    they also appear to have blurred jezzas wrist watch too

maybe omega dont want to be associated with him!
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    So long as my worms don't have aids i can live with it!
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    I'm sure Top Gear have said before that they do they 'challenges' twice. Once to do the challenge, then again so they can get the relevant shots
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tolk wrote:
    Don't know if it was my eyes, but did they blur the windows on the Porsche/Ferrari bit in places. I assume it was where Hammond wasn't driving, and they had got some extra footage.

I didn't notice it, but I did see a lot of sun glare on the windows in some points.

They do often use crew members to drive the cars for shots whilst the presenters have to do something else though.
  • That Jag was lush.
  • Anonymous
    you mean Jaaaaaaaaaag, surely!
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i really liked the jag, i even thought it was good looking but that concept version he showed an image of was very cool but not particularly jaguary

i really liked the bit with the f40, that was a very cool looking motor.
  • my mistake! Jaaaaaaaaaag!

But, i liked the Audi from last week, purely because of the little drop of petrol in the exhausts to make that awesome sounds :lol:
    All fake and does nothing apart from burn more fuel, but sounds mint!
  • Anonymous
    Why the hell does the Jaaaaaaaaaag have a 1,200W sound system though? There's no reason for that. It's just stupid specs to look impressive on a spec list.
  • Why the hell does the Jaaaaaaaaaag have a 1,200W sound system though? There's no reason for that. It's just stupid specs to look impressive on a spec list.

Does make for some nice boom boom though. Some people are obsessed with loud music, myself included, so would love to have that!
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    But the 1200W system isn't really 1200W - it's the total "Wattage" of all the different speakers! :(

The 959 was my favorite bit - real shame they couldn't give it a proper spanking round the track though :(
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Dunno how old Hammond is but the 959 and f40 were my childhood dream cars :) very nice to see them in a sort of show down.
    Oh those and the Jaaaaaaaag XJ220 which was finally released when I was 8
  • Anonymous
    Chrissz wrote:
    But the 1200W system isn't really 1200W - it's the total "Wattage" of all the different speakers! :(
    still completely stupid inside a car.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Chrissz wrote:
    still completely stupid inside a car.

And not that great outside

CarSpeakers2.jpg
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Anonymous
    :lol:
  • What series number is top gear on right now? Have they only gone up to 12?
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    best TG in a while IMHO.... fun, but still a proper car show....

loved the F40... dream car...

Jag and moon buggy were good too... and Prescott.. whole show was fun actually..
    I like bikes and stuff
    360 Posts: 5,940
    Tolk wrote:

I didn't notice it, but I did see a lot of sun glare on the windows in some points.

They do often use crew members to drive the cars for shots whilst the presenters have to do something else though.

According to some other people/PH the owners of the cars were driving.

I think the 1200w stereo was a response to the 1000w bose kit in the A8! Bigger numbers are better right?