2011 Tarmac Comp - a few changes...

amnesia
amnesia Posts: 118
edited February 2011 in Your road bikes
Made a few changes today following some 'feedback' after I posted pics on Thursday.

img01.jpg

Plastic disc thingy removed
img02.jpg

Speedplay Zeros fitted
img03.jpg

Stem flipped and shims reversed to get stem horizontal (feels OK)
img04.jpg

img06.jpg

Hope you like :wink:

Daniel.
2013 Focus Izalco Pro 2.0 UDi2
1999 Sunn Vertik II MTB - old skool !

Comments

• I hate it when they run central heating pipes along the top of the skirting board rather than fitting clips.

Nice bike, though. Looks well set up. I dislike those bar attachments - just the thing to spear your head on when you crash.
  • amnesia
    I hate it when they run central heating pipes along the top of the skirting board rather than fitting clips.

Nice bike, though. Looks well set up. I dislike those bar attachments - just the thing to spear your head on when you crash.

LOL @ the pipes...

Got one of these on order to make the tri-bars a little more head-friendly...
    DEDAHBSZ120000000000_1_zoom.jpg
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Your bike looks very nice !! :)

Reversed shims - What difference did that make?
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Very nice bike, shame the Garmin wasn't red (or black).
    btw - your football team are having a good season, hope they finish 2nd behind southampton :wink:
  • amnesia
    SDK2007 wrote:
    Your bike looks very nice !! :)

Reversed shims - What difference did that make?

The Specialized Comp stem (and the S-Works one for that matter) has an aluminium shim thing that is tapered to give you up to +/- 4 degrees of adjustment depending on which way round you have it.

eg the 12 degree stem can be set at anything from +/-8 to +/-16 degrees

Unfortunately I had the Garmin first, but will look into customising it to suit... looks like it comes apart with the help of a torx tool.