Too much sauce

Grifteruk
Grifteruk Posts: 244
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
So Friday nite was a total disaster. Got far too drunk and ended up totally wasted and with massive gaps in the memory from the evening. I was out with work contacts and I'm now spending the weekend stressing out in case I've acted badly or made a fool of myself. I'm also stressing about whether I did stuff which I know didn't happen. This anxiety is really bad even tho I'm reasonably sure I won't have done anything that stupid.

Whilst drinking is now off the menu for the foreseeable future, does anyone else get this bad anxiety? Any tips for how I approach those I was out with to try and find out if Ive done anything bad?

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Stay quiet and see what happens (or doesn't). if nothings said then you are ok. If you are worried perhaps you should go a bit easier in future?
    M.Rushton
  • I dunno wot happened I've not been out for ages and have lost weight and think I got caught out by other people buying me drinks !

whilst I don't drink much at all or regularly, I've finished with booze other than with good mates who I can trust or in the house. Yesterday was the last straw for me.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I think it's commonly known as "The Fear"

Enjoy it, at my age it normally passes by Wednesday :)
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • neilo23
    neilo23 Posts: 783
    It's a normal feeling to have. Have it on a regular basis (along with the feelings of guilt, premorse etc). All part of the fun of a big night out :-) All you can do is wait for people to inform you if you did anything bad. Check your knuckles for scars or swellings. If there aren't any you probably didn't hit anyone. People will generally let you know if you were a prat but are also pretty cool if you apologise and explain that you were extremely drunk, that you don't usually behave that way, blah blah. I've been in the pub game for 13 years and realise that even the nicest people can be idiots when they're drunk and generally forget the things they do or say if they're not always like that. Anyways, it doesn't sound like you did anything wrong. It's Sunday and I'm sure you would have heard if you'd done anything too daft.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    You are not alone mate, i went out too on Fri night first drink in a month and it went straight to my head! Then to make things worse photo's appear on facebook of me looking absolutely out of it (one eye shut one open, you get the idea).
    Im only just coming round tonight and am trying to keep a low profile. Regarding the anxiety no news is good news!
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I used to be a big drinker but could always handle it. These days I drink a lot less so when I do go out with my mates it tends to end badly.

In December I took my pregnant girlfriend to a posh hotel in London for the weekend. It was a mates birthday on the friday so she allowed me to go out for a few beers on the understanding that I wouldn't drink too much as we had all sorts planned for saturday (Lunch, river cruise, shopping etc). Well to cut a long story short I ended up being taken back to the hotel in a police van, my mrs went mental (understandably) and I spent the whole weekend in bed!

Amazingly, a couple of weeks later she agreed to marry me!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    I

Oh no -she thinks she can change you :shock: (danger train coming)
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • ChrisSA
    ChrisSA Posts: 455
    Been there, done that.
    I blame being fit and healthy and not drinking regularly enough. I just try to keep heavy sessions with those I know very well.
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Pace yourself.
    Dont be affraid of responding with a firm "no thanks" when offerd a drink.
    Stay away from Spirits.
    Drink a few pints of water every couple of hours.
    Dont drink.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I used to be a big drinker but could always handle it. These days I drink a lot less so when I do go out with my mates it tends to end badly.

In December I took my pregnant girlfriend to a posh hotel in London for the weekend. It was a mates birthday on the friday so she allowed me to go out for a few beers on the understanding that I wouldn't drink too much as we had all sorts planned for saturday (Lunch, river cruise, shopping etc). Well to cut a long story short I ended up being taken back to the hotel in a police van, my mrs went mental (understandably) and I spent the whole weekend in bed!

Yeah - judging by what you wrote there - I wouldn't be in too big a hurry to get married. 8)