I Can't Work an MD80 Camera

Berk Bonebonce
Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
edited February 2011 in Commuting general
Got a couple of these, so I know it is not the camera but the user. Have been using them with 4G micro SD card.

How do you work them?

Charged it. Put the card in. Press 'power' once. Press 'mode' once to record. Press 'mode' again to stop record. Press 'power' once to turn off.

Plug it in the PC and there are two folders. Open them both up but the second one is empty - no recording.

Any help gratefully received.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    When stopping the record are you turning off straight away? You need to allow the camera to save the footage which is indicated by the record light flashing much quicker for 2-3 seconds.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • redvee wrote:
    When stopping the record are you turning off straight away? You need to allow the camera to save the footage which is indicated by the record light flashing much quicker for 2-3 seconds.

Thanks for your help, but 'yes', giving plenty of time for camera to save the file before power off. Bleedin' things ...
  • NO you do NOT press MODE, the on/record button is the small WHITE one on top, MODE switches between record and still shot.

I have ten of them.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited February 2011
    I have ten of them.
    Stop bragging!
  • sophidog
    sophidog Posts: 180
    how are you getting on with synchronising the time/date of the camera with your PC? when i tried to install the software on the PC i got a 'runtime error' so don't have the synchronisation file talked about in the manual. Although i found a link to software for the camera i can't find the synchronisation file in that either....
    Road: Rose CDX-3000 Cannondale CAADX 105 2011
    Turbo: Fuji Nevada Mountain Bike(Y2K)
  • I am not bragging, if you think about it, I have two bikes and two helmets that is four cameras, my three sons have bikes that is another 6 makes 10, perhaps I should have said "we" have ten, and at £7 each that is less than some have spent on ONE.

As for sync with a PC, dont bother, first of all I only managed to get it to woek once, and second when the software does update itself it downloads a virus, be warned.

And NO if it is needed as evidence the Police do not need the date, this can be covered anyway with adding a title frame over the odd date in Pinnacle studio during an edit.

• NO you do NOT press MODE, the on/record button is the small WHITE one on top, MODE switches between record and still shot.

A thousand thanks.
  • I am not bragging, if you think about it, I have two bikes and two helmets that is four cameras, my three sons have bikes that is another 6 makes 10, perhaps I should have said "we" have ten, and at £7 each that is less than some have spent on ONE.

As for sync with a PC, dont bother, first of all I only managed to get it to woek once, and second when the software does update itself it downloads a virus, be warned.

And NO if it is needed as evidence the Police do not need the date, this can be covered anyway with adding a title frame over the odd date in Pinnacle studio during an edit.

Haha. You've mentioned your 10 once or twice before, I had a wry smile when I saw it mentioned again but kelsen beat me to it. I've only got the one that I switch about with me. :wink:

+1 on the advice the mode is just with/out sound on my clone one
  • The 'time sync' is lost on me.

Is the idea one of copying the file but before doing so changing the date and the time to what it was when you started recording?
  • Haha. You've mentioned your 10 once or twice before, I had a wry smile when I saw it mentioned again but kelsen beat me to it. I've only got the one that I switch about with me. :wink:

Yes but it has been agreed here many times that you should have at leats two one facing front one back in case you are hit from behind, then a spare in case one packs up, and three are only £21. nothing at all.

• My apologies to the OP if this constitutes hijacking the thread, but has anyone ever used (or heard of anyone using) footage from one of these gadgets in a court of law (either Civil or Criminal) Was it admissible evidence (particularly in the latter, of course)?
  • I believe there was a first prosecution not that long ago. I believe the individual concerned posts on here. I also believe that he/she posted their experiences on this forum, and that the BBC took up the story.
  • I believe there was a first prosecution not that long ago. I believe the individual concerned posts on here. I also believe that he/she posted their experiences on this forum, and that the BBC took up the story.
  • My apologies to the OP if this constitutes hijacking the thread, but has anyone ever used (or heard of anyone using) footage from one of these gadgets in a court of law (either Civil or Criminal) Was it admissible evidence (particularly in the latter, of course)?

They ARE admissible do NOT let the local police tell you they are not, if you need it as evidence as soon as you say you want to make a formal complaint they they will not let you use it, believe me mindsets change VERY fast, and I have had two drivers charged with the help of the cameras.

• Thanks for that chaps. I've tried to search the forum for a thread about a prosecution using video camera evidence but failed. Could someone post a link please?

Alternatively, Jeremy, have you considered starting a thread with your experiences of how you obtained and used such evidence? I truly believe it would be of great benefit to those of us who have suffered at the hands of mad motorists - I'm sure you've read the numerous threads on the subject.

Without treading on anything that might be sub judice of course.
  • Haha. You've mentioned your 10 once or twice before, I had a wry smile when I saw it mentioned again but kelsen beat me to it. I've only got the one that I switch about with me. :wink:

Yes but it has been agreed here many times that you should have at leats two one facing front one back in case you are hit from behind, then a spare in case one packs up, and three are only £21. nothing at all.

+1