Unpleasant hair thread number one

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
My shins are bald.

Not that the hair is missing, it appears to be simply worn away with almost stubble length hair left (so from more than a foot or so away) bald.

Bald I tells ya!

Now, on the basis that;

a) the only significant change to my (otherwise luxuriantly hirsute) lifestyle is riding bikes too much over the last year and a half and;

b) 'cos there is stubbleish type hair left ergo it can't be some form of weird "God speaking. Now you're 40 I'm going to make yet another part of your body fall off or stop working"

WTF is happening? I ride mainly in jeans - friction? But why on a non rubby bit of me?

It did get pretty soddin' cold over winter this year - but I can't believe they've frozen off???
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    :lol:
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • It's an age thing, not related to cycling at all (according to Stephen Fry)
  • SimonAH
    You're a bastard CJCP

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    SimonAH wrote:
    You're a bastard CJCP

:lol: Properly LOL.

Would there be movement in the jeans all the same, and would this be the cause of this blemish on your otherwise perfect physique?
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • SimonAH
    There doesn't appear to be a 'blow you a kiss' smiley or I'd put it here!

No, seriously, that's the bizarre thing. I can't think of a rub mechanism going on - yet it appears that something is sandpapering my shins?!?!?!!?

• You could always try re-growing your hair? Or wear shorts more often? :)
    Cannondale SS Evo Team
    Kona Jake CX
    Cervelo P5
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Your body is evolving as you cycle more frequently. As you are refusing to shave your legs (like a girl) your body is doing the job for you.

The final stages of the condition involve an inexplicable desire to drain your own blood into a bag and store it in the fridge, next to the Spanish steaks that you will have recently started to hanker after.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    I have the same condition! No idea what causes it. At 27 I assume it's not age related. I've just been ignoring it.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Men's shins go bald after a certain age. Some are more affected than others.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • DesWeller wrote:
    Your body is evolving as you cycle more frequently. As you are refusing to shave your legs (like a girl) your body is doing the job for you.

The final stages of the condition involve an inexplicable desire to drain your own blood into a bag and store it in the fridge, next to the Spanish steaks that you will have recently started to hanker after.
    :D:D
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • mkirby
    mkirby Posts: 365
    its your socks rubbing the hair away so im told. especially if you favour the long sock.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    davis wrote:
    Men's shins go bald after a certain age. Some are more affected than others.

Nope, mine are still nice n hairy, even with a 43rd b'day looming
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    You ride so fast the wind is causing your jeans to rub your shins? That could be your proud boast.
    Could they all be ingrowing in sympathy with the poor blighters on scary hair thread number 2? There are some disturbing people on that thread.
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You ride so fast the wind is causing your jeans to rub your shins? That could be your proud boast.
    Could they all be ingrowing in sympathy with the poor blighters on scary hair thread number 2? There are some disturbing people on that thread.

oooooh must go and look at thread no.2

as for the hairless shins, just shave them man then it won't be a problem :wink:
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I did, that's why I don't want to go back. What if someone has posted pictures?