Crank Brothers & 2Pure service

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
A year and a half or so ago I bought a crank brother cobalt ISIS bottom bracket for my Dolan CX project, what a beautiful looking buttery smooth piece of engineering it is too.

400036.jpg

About a month ago I noticed that the cranks werent turning freely, after a bit more investigation sure enough BB bearings were shot, on the off chance I emailed crank brothers who told me they have a 5 year warranty and to post the part back to their UK distributor with a brief description of the problem.

This is did and 2 days later this arrived, with a note informing me that due to stock levels of my model they've sent me the upgraded Ti model :shock: which retails for £150, that's almost £100 more than I paid.

crank-bros-cyan-ti-bb.jpg

It's now fitted and test ridden, wonderful stuff, excellent service from both Crank Brothers and 2pure.

I need two new headsets for my next projects, I know which brand i'll be buying.

8)
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I think the phrase you are looking for is 'result' !
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    I think the phrase the rest of us are looking for is 'jammy git' !
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    I too have had the pleasure of receiving excellent customer service, above and beyond their obligations, from 2pure who are also distributors of niterider products. :D
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    This is yet another tale of Wiggle-like levels of customer service.
    I blame Wiggle for spreading such levels of customer service throughout the cycling industry as a whole.

And I didn't get any Haribo in my last Wiggle order! For this, I most definitely, blame Wiggle.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • i've just sent off my eggbeater 1's, after a month of use, rust play in the pedal and cage etc so fingers crossed i get some good news
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    Just out of interest, how long can you reasonably expect a BB to last, and under what circumstances is it a warranty issue and not due to wear and tear?
  • kelsen wrote:
    Just out of interest, how long can you reasonably expect a BB to last, and under what circumstances is it a warranty issue and not due to wear and tear?

if a company states 5 year warranty then it must be a tough piece of kit