RMG

sheepsteeth
sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
edited February 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Rate my Gift

wife RE bought me (and her strictly speaking) a whiskey tasting at albannach for me birfdee. it is 7 different whiskeys presented by a sommelier and i reckon it will be ace followed by a day of sight seeing and what-not.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Whiskey, followed by blind drunk sight seeing? awesome :lol:
  • Sounds good...

Can't beat a good 12-yr Speyside malt IMO...
  • Rate my Gift

wife RE bought me (and her strictly speaking) a whiskey tasting at albannach for me birfdee. it is 7 different whiskeys presented by a sommalian pirate and i reckon it will be ace followed by a day of sight seeing and what-not.
    Sounds fun!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    For someone who wasn't into whiskey until last year you seem to be making up for lost time. Sounds like a great gift though good choice from the other half.
  • sheepsteeth
    haha, this is true, my tastes have changed over that short time too. ive got 10 bottles on the shelf at the moment and have a couple of others on the horizon.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Just had my 40th and now have another 6ish bottles of whiskey (Famous Grouse crept in there) and 3 bottles of port. Best book myself in for a liver tranplant now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Top gift,
  • Excellent gift there Mr Sheepo, even as a teetotaler I am jealous
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Be warned they might want you to swirl it around and savour the bouquet and other such obvious bollocks. At one distillery tour they tried to get us to spit it out afterwards :shock: Turns out I've been doing it wrong all these years, I usually drink the stuff.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    Be warned they might want you to swirl it around and savour the bouquet and other such obvious bollocks. At one distillery tour they tried to get us to spit it out afterwards :shock: Turns out I've been doing it wrong all these years, I usually drink the stuff.

French influence obviously...some hangover from all that Jacobite nonsense way back...
    A wee drop of water is all that's needed to enjoy a good malt.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    When we did the glenmorangie tour they brought out the good stuff... In daft shaped glasses with lids on... A nice lady from New York asked if she could have some coke for it :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    When we did the glenmorangie tour they brought out the good stuff... In daft shaped glasses with lids on... A nice lady from New York asked if she could have some coke for it :lol:
    Ahh bless - I hope she was ritually disembowelled with a sharpened tea-spoon...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Northwind wrote:
    Whisky and coke? Aah, the rockstar life those americans lead eh?
    I bet she was expecting playboy bunnies too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Hope you remember to go sightseeing after that.

Some of us got taken out on a work pi$$ up lunch last year by a bunch of consultant types we'd given a load of work to and they took us to a pretty upmarket joint that did a 'tasting menu' - a glass of wine with every course. When we looked at the menu there were 9 courses...I vaguely remember going back to the office early evening to pick up my stuff.

Looks like a good place you're going to.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    mmmm im drunk and there is a leaving gift for a work colleage in front of me

its penderyn WELSH whisky

i love my whisky but never gone welsh

its 46% and looks so lovely and golden its calling to me lads

should i breech and call into offy on way to work tomorrow?????

oh gift rated high :P
  • sheepsteeth
    do it do it do it

i tried some not long ago and it is really nice. (cheers el cap)
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Whisky tastes like cold cat piss.
    Don't ask me how I know.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • very nice gift!

can never remember which is the one i liked from the whiskey tasting I had in scotland... was one of the smaller brands I think from a small island.
  • mak3m
    do it do it do it

i tried some not long ago and it is really nice. (cheers el cap)

breeched :twisted:

quite sweet actually normally prefer medicninal kick in the teeth :D

oh well £10 off @ sainsburys bargin at £24 set offf early for work then
  • mak3m
    cooldad wrote:
    Whisky tastes like cold cat wee-wee.
    Don't ask me how I know.

you're doing it wrong :wink:
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    9/10,m its missing one thing, after whisky tasting, i feel like I should wear tweed and go around shooting things with a blunderbuss, and there is no mention of them providing you wih historical firearms on their webpage
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • sheepsteeth
    Gazlar wrote:
    9/10,m its missing one thing, after whisky tasting, i feel like I should wear tweed and go around shooting things with a blunderbuss, and there is no mention of them providing you wih historical firearms on their webpage

that is a good point