Orbea Orca GOLD Frameset 2011

charlieonix
charlieonix Posts: 27
edited February 2011 in Your road bikes
Well... the wait it over!

Its only been on order for 6 months, but I finally have my 2011 Orca.
As far as I can tell, its the first one in the UK, I ordered it before anyone else did, before it got released at the show. I also believe the team are still waiting for theirs too!
Very excited to get it built and take her out for a spin.

So here she is.... Will build it today and post some built pics but it'll be 90% Dura Ace.

5473471920_3ef19561e6.jpg
Photo Feb 24, 8 34 08 AM by CharlieRevell, on Flickr

5473472456_2fa898ca1c.jpg
Photo Feb 24, 8 41 36 AM by CharlieRevell, on Flickr

Comments

• Very, very pretty.
  • looks lush!

90% dura ace? that's quite exact!
  • Well, full Dura ace but shifters.... they're Ultegra 6700
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    Damn you I am already thinking of another Orca!

Looks fantastic by the way.
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • come on more pics you lucky sod 8)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Beautiful!

I can't wait to see that built! :)
  • I think I've just let out a little bit of sex-wee...!
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I think I've just let out a little bit of sex-wee...!

LMAO :)

I just said the exact same thing to my wife when she called to say she'd made ginger pudding (OMFG - the most incredible cake I've had in my life!), and could I stop at M&S at the way home to get some custard! :)
  • charlieonix
    charlieonix Posts: 27
    edited February 2011
    Here she is nearly finished, just need to grab some brake cables as it only came with Gear! (in 2 different sizes?)
    Cable routing is a bit of an arse... but not the end of the world and seems to work well once set up. Once taped it should be good to go.

5474634247_9e1330482f.jpg
    Photo Feb 24, 11 55 47 PM by CharlieRevell, on Flickr

And a time lapse video of the build....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4raBDqU2E
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Here she is nearly finished, just need to grab some brake cables as it only came with Gear! (in 2 different sizes?)
    Cable routing is a bit of an ars*... but not the end of the world and seems to work well once set up. Once taped it should be good to go.

5474634247_9e1330482f.jpg
    Photo Feb 24, 11 55 47 PM by CharlieRevell, on Flickr

Are you sure it's not brake and gear cables? Brake should be a fair bit thicker than gear cable. Is it the Dura Ace grey cable set?
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Nope its all gear cable, it comes with a set of Gore gear lines. One part is the standard stuff the rest is all the professional kit!
    Straight braid on it not wound like a brake line. (Plus there is only a foot of it, wouldnt get the brakes going with that! Oh and no inners...
  • great looking bike
  • nodman7
    nodman7 Posts: 142
    stunning bike, i have a 09 Orce and was thinking of updating

seen one in my local shop last week, was just a bit concerned about the gear cable location going down the down tube, the cable is so close to the frame it must rub over time, this was a silver version but i presume yours is the same, put me off a bit really, tho the guy in the shop said orbea would sort out any problems if they arise, surely they must of tested this over time tho
  • It doesnt rub on the frame directly, they are all in Gore outers. Means they shouldnt rub on the frame at all.
  • kim10
    kim10 Posts: 186
    Great looking bike, always liked the Orca, but so fare the budget has only streched to the Onix :cry: