The new stead

long_guts
long_guts Posts: 44
edited February 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Well heres my new ride I'd be very interested in any comments good or bad or suggestions for future upgrades.

DSCF5598.jpg
DSCF5597.jpg
DSCF5600.jpg

Commencal Combi dlx frame
Rockshox Recon coil fork
Fsa bars and stem
Fsa Pig pro headset
Odi lock on grips
Shimano 486 disc brakes front and rear using 180mm centrelock discs
Shimano Deore shifters
Deore xt front and rear deraileurs
Deore chainset and bottom bracket
Shimano m505 wheelset

In the future I'm planing on a new seatpost and saddle in white to match the theme and possibly a new lighter wheelset.

Phil

Comments

• blucky
    blucky Posts: 40
    My advice is see how you get on with it for now, just enjoy being out and not to worry too much about upgrades just yet, my guessing is after a while the upgrades will choose themselves.

Nice bike by the way, that saddle looks perfect for those long hard slogs !!!

mines like *** "sitting on a razor blade"

***Quality TV advert those of you old enough to remember !!!
    ..................................................................................................

I own a cat called Gary !

Boardman Comp 2010
    Boardman Sport 2010
    Marin - Bear Valley SE 1992 ?
  • Is that padstow, end of the camel trail?
    IMO the seat looks rather out of place and the seatpost pretty cheap but easily sorted. Regards to wheels would run them until the bearings start to go e.t.c. or feel the need to upgrade performance wise, decent tyres would be a much cheaper investment to give similar advantages.
    Looking good though what riding do you use it for?
  • blucky wrote:
    mines like *** "sitting on a razor blade"

***Quality TV advert those of you old enough to remember !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYZyUygW6Y
  • Agree about the saddle, also looks too far forward. If you moved it back you could probably get away with a shorter stem. Could try swapping the spacers from underneath the stem to drop it down a bit too.
    I like the look of the frame, great colour too.
  • fastandfurious your correct ! yea I'm goign to play around with the stem eight and thesaddle ad what not but the seatpost and saddle are changing soon. I'm planing on doing a couple of xc races and a few trails and what nto and see how it goes really.

thanks for the comments
  • That's a nice frame :wink:

I'd agree with Arthur, drop the stem to get more weight on the front wheel. I used ro run it slammed down with a 6 degree stem and low rise bars.

Good to see the frame built up and in use so quick :D I still haven't got a replacement frame to put the bits on :( I guess I'd better remove it from my signature !
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Agree about the saddle, also looks too far forward. If you moved it back you could probably get away with a shorter stem. Could try swapping the spacers from underneath the stem to drop it down a bit too.
    I like the look of the frame, great colour too.
    Yeah, the way the cockpit is set up looks very strange... move the seat back a bit, shorter stem, lower down, you should notice a huge difference in how the bike handles.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Thanks for the comments I'll have a play around with the saddle and stem height tomorrow and see how it feels. Out of interest what sort of weight balance should I be aiming for for xc riding?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    looks good, wasn't sure if it was the bike in the background on the first pic :)
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    A Commencal Combi Disc 07 got me back into biking. Good choice. Ive just bought a Meta too, I do have a soft spot for Commies.