endura merino baa baa

u05harrisb
u05harrisb Posts: 531
edited February 2011 in MTB general
bought mine the other day seems pretty cool BUT it was itchy when i tryed it on in the shop after its first wash it is still the same, could any of you guys who have one shed some light? was yours itchy for a while then good and soft? the odd thing is that the outside is softer than the outside, and no i dont have it inside out :lol:

cheers guys/girls!

Comments

• dont find mine itchy, just super short in the body!
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I have 3 merino wool base layers...

a short sleeve baa baa
    a long sleeve smartwool jersey
    an icebreaker 200 long sleeve merino.

The baa baa is by far the itchiest, but that said...its not so itchy that it is uncomfortable....but its the last one i reach for.

.....the icebreaker is like silk
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • mines a little itchy but nothing too bsd. dont notice it after 10 mins,
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    I find that mine feels slightly itchy when I first put it on, but once I'm riding it works fine and doesn't itch.... not sure why but it does....
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • when were talking of soft and such other words, are we doing that in comparison to say a cotton t shirt of the normal itchy style wool jumpers that you get?

im gonna go out for a couple hours later will probably give it a go then :D
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Majority of merino wool products do have a slight itchy feel to them when worn.

Higher standards of personal hygiene may cure those issues.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • clanton
    clanton Posts: 1,289
    I have a baa baa and two (different ) Howies. Only the baa baa is itchy, after many washes. I don't wear if very often anymore.