Colnago have just launched their new EPQ frame-set

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Hot off the press from Cambiago. Colnago have just launched their new EPQ frame-set which has replaced the EPS

EPQ-mres.jpg

The EPQ Features are -

Front and rear derailleur Internal cable routing

Q-Stay - squared rear stays as used on C59 frame 3PRS

rib reinforced top and down tubes

Colnago fully integrated headset system 1” 1/8 – 1”1/4 tapered
The EPQ frame is also available for Shimano Di2 Available colours: PR99 – PR82 - MTBK
Sizes: 42, 45, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56 and 58cm (sloping) - 52 to 65cm (trad) plus custom

For further pictures....please see http://colnagoconbrio.posterous.com/the ... q-frameset

Comments

• EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    Looks awesome in PR82. Except the white on the seatpost.

FUD1005.colnago_bro.eps_red_studio_0.png

Forgive me if you will, where exactly does this fit in then? Where is it in relation to C59?
  • I wish they would do away with the gawdy lettering and wordy decals, just think it cheapens the whole look. I can just about cope with B Stay, Q Stay, signature and the model the rest looks bloody awful.

I guess it fits in where the EPS left a gap, as on the site EPS has been replaced by EPQ. So C59, M10 and then EPQ.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Flanners1 wrote:
    I wish they would do away with the gawdy lettering and wordy decals, just think it cheapens the whole look. I can just about cope with B Stay, Q Stay, signature and the model the rest looks bloody awful.

Hmm, think it looks quite nice actually.....a bit stealthy but to each his own.
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • Flanners1 wrote:
    I wish they would do away with the gawdy lettering and wordy decals, just think it cheapens the whole look. I can just about cope with B Stay, Q Stay, signature and the model the rest looks bloody awful..
    Had to laugh with you on that one but then THAT is Colnago. One Colnago I have has that name on it 13 times (including the forks). The over-labelling of the frame IS one of those Colnago idiosyncraceis.

I lost Colnago after the C-50 morphed into the Extreme C and Extreme Power. That was easy to understand from the intent perspective: C-50 is your rouleur frame, EC climbing frame for whippets and EP was for Petacchi and Zabel. Cool. And all were tube to lug and made in Italy from tbing made by that F1 company (or so went the lore).

Not to be a luddite or old fogey but now they're mixing the lug/tube construction which used to be the hallmark of their top frames with monocque which used to be up there but not at the top. I think my problem is the M10 - what does this offer which is different from the C59 vs the EPS or now EPQ? Crucially, how does it differ from the CX1 which is barely 3 years ols and also monocoque? If we can crack enigma code we can figure this stuff out...
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Flanners1 wrote:
    I wish they would do away with the gawdy lettering and wordy decals, just think it cheapens the whole look. I can just about cope with B Stay, Q Stay, signature and the model the rest looks bloody awful..
    Had to laugh with you on that one but then THAT is Colnago. One Colnago I have has that name on it 13 times (including the forks). The over-labelling of the frame IS one of those Colnago idiosyncraceis.

I lost Colnago after the C-50 morphed into the Extreme C and Extreme Power. That was easy to understand from the intent perspective: C-50 is your rouleur frame, EC climbing frame for whippets and EP was for Petacchi and Zabel. Cool. And all were tube to lug and made in Italy from tbing made by that F1 company (or so went the lore).

Not to be a luddite or old fogey but now they're mixing the lug/tube construction which used to be the hallmark of their top frames with monocque which used to be up there but not at the top. I think my problem is the M10 - what does this offer which is different from the C59 vs the EPS or now EPQ? Crucially, how does it differ from the CX1 which is barely 3 years ols and also monocoque? If we can crack enigma code we can figure this stuff out...

Yes I agree about 'Colnago' written everywhere it is part of the Colnago branding etc, my CLX has it everywhere it is the silly 'Internal cable routing' written in big white letters on the top tube on the M10 for instance. Why? It means nothing does it.....it is like the 80's or chav cars today with a big list of options and specs written all over it, why? Sorry I know it's not major but for such a prestigious bicycle manufacturer to do this it just looks so cheap and nasty like a BSO from Asda/Tesco/mail order and alike.
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Yes, you see a lot of souped-up boy racer cars with all the "sponsor" names written in the quarter window like:
    - Recaro
    - Bilstein
    - Knoei
    - O/Z
    - Yokohama
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • and I'm still waiting on a frame I ordered Oct last year....wonder how long these ones will take to arrive once ordered!!!
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    I'm looking forward to seeing it in the flesh! :D
  • Branding looks too much like EPO

Can't be that fast can it?
    Summer - Colnago C40
    Race - Wilier Alpe D'Huez
    Winter/Commuter - Specialized Tricross