Ladybower, including Beast & Hagg Farm - Sunday 20th Feb

Comments

• Ro88o
    Ro88o Posts: 130
    Hi Proutster, me n Sparked will be in a filthy looking black A3 and will try to get there about the same time.
    Mark (Sparked) will be on a red and white Kona, myself (Andy) will be on a black Boardman.
    Been dying to tackle the beast for some time, cant wait.
    p.s. will hold you to the Haribos too :lol:
    You only get one shot .........so make it a double !
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/r0880/1177 ... 4113728080
  • Ro88o wrote:
    Hi Proutster, me n Sparked will be in a filthy looking black A3 and will try to get there about the same time.
    Mark (Sparked) will be on a red and white Kona, myself (Andy) will be on a black Boardman.
    Been dying to tackle the beast for some time, cant wait.
    p.s. will hold you to the Haribos too :lol:

Well done, see you then.

Don't worry, the Haribos are already purchased - it's taking all of my willpower not to eat them :lol:
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Sorry guys, we are not going to make this i'm afraid. Have a good ride :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • miss notax wrote:
    Sorry guys, we are not going to make this i'm afraid. Have a good ride :D

Rubbish :wink:

Ah well, better luck next time - I'll post some pics & hopefully a vid or two, so you can see what you've missed. Have a good weekend :D
  • chatters
    chatters Posts: 107
    Ill definately be there, there will be two of us aswell, we'll be in a black ford focus, ill be on a Commencal meta 4x and Nige my mate will be on a Trek hardtail. Well up for it now, roll on sunday!!!!
    pinkbike.com/photo/790916
  • Silver Audi a3, riding an 05 silver spec rockhopper.

Picked the wife up from hospital today after minor op, she said "so were you worried about me" i replied "course not knew you woud be ok, anyway was busy sorting out my bike ride on Sunday to worry" a bit too much on valentines day?

Nurses giving me some odd looks for that, can't for the life of me think why...
  • Ro88o
    Silver Audi a3, riding an 05 silver spec rockhopper.

Picked the wife up from hospital today after minor op, she said "so were you worried about me" i replied "course not knew you woud be ok, anyway was busy sorting out my bike ride on Sunday to worry" a bit too much on valentines day?

Nurses giving me some odd looks for that, can't for the life of me think why

Brave man :)

p.s. check your brake lines on sun morn
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
  • Hi all,

At this point in time we've got 7 confirmed:

Ro88o (Andy)
    Sparked (Mark)
    Chatters
    Nige (Chatters' mate)
    rudyardmtb (the brave one that doesn't mind upsetting his wifey!)
    Me (another Mark)
    Mike (my mate) [/b]

If anyone else wants my mobile no. to ensure we wait for everyone that's coming, then just PM me.

Anyone else that's interested is also welcome to join us.

Looks like the weather should be much better than the last time I did this route (9th Jan). The wind was tearing straight into my face up this climb and it was blowing the sleet into my eyes!! The full-face was certainly welcome then :lol:
    09012011127-1.jpg
  • chatters
    just checked bbc weather and heavy snows been given out for saturday, with light showers sunday! should be interesting, me name is Dan by the way!
  • Does that mean i should change my tyres from slicks????

Wifey is fine as bought her some fruit and cooked tea so all good.

Just out of imterest do we have a fair range of ages on this or will I be the oldest at 41?
    Chris
  • I claim oldest at 45 :oops:

Weather forecasts are a load of pants - this one metcheck
    says it's going to be cold with some sleet but they all say different.

I wish I could be as bad at my job as most weatherforecasters are at theirs and still keep my job :evil: . Rant over now.
  • Ro88o
    Me n Mark (sparked) are 40.
    He's more like 16 when going up hills whereas im about 60.

Weather should be interesting, not looking good but they keep changing it so fingers crossed.
    Santa Cruz Heckler 650b
  • Does this mean were going to get wet/filthy conditions? Dont you just mtbing :D
  • Pretty sure that it's going to be cold but as the sun always shines on the righteous, then if it rains it'll all be because of you lot and the bad stuff you've done in your lives :wink:

Repent now and the weather'll be great :lol:
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    If I'm around I'll come and join in haven't been up that neck of the woods since October time.

I claim top age at 47 :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Richie63
    The more the merrier - especially if they're older than me :wink:

Hopefully see you on Sunday morning
  • How did the ride go?i'm up for a ride if you organise one again,i live about 45 mins away not this weekend though i'm of to winlatter. I usually park just before the left turn to derwent in the layby and have done a few rides around their.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Sorry All
    Could not make it as the snow on Saturday threw the whole w/end out so had to use the Sunday for catching up.

Hope whomever made it got out and had a great ride, some pictures if any would be nice to see.

Lets try to do again

Richie
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • chatters
    Excellent ride on sunday lads, some really great trails! Nice to ride somewhere other than trail centres. Mark (Proutster) how did your footage turn out? Are you going to put it up anywhere?
  • rudyardmtb
    rudyardmtb Posts: 54
    edited February 2011
    Twas a little muddy, snowy and icy (on my pedals). After so long away forgot how bloody dangerous going downhill is....well, not for me as i lingered at the back grinding down the brake pads.

Had a great time, not always last to the bottom of the hill. defo up for this again or even another venue. Can't wait for the upside down footage from mark.

Chris
  • Hi all,

Agreed - great fun, thanks to the 6 that turned up:

Chatters (Dan)
    Gareth (met him in the lay-by with a very nice Orange Five and far too fast - both up-hill & down-hill for my liking!!)
    Mike (my, fighting at the rugby, mate)
    Rudyardmtb (Chris)
    Ro880 (Andy)
    Sparked (Mark)

A good laugh and, almost as usual, I ended up on the floor!!

I'm still chuckling about Andy's description of why Sparked was at the back of the Hagg Farm descent - he stopped himself with his face!!

Just in the middle of editing the videos so will post in a day or two - now then , how do I speed them up so that it looks like I was flying down the hills? :lol:

I'm pretty busy in March, so will probably repeat this or a similar route in early April - that's assuming that I come back from Skiing in one piece!!

I'll post a date when I work out the diary etc. Here's hoping that everyone can join again.
  • That's what I told Andy, that I'd stopped myself with my face as he went by me lol
    Ride my bike until I get home
  • hi all.
    great ride on sunday. thanks for letting me tag along.
    we will have to arange another ride as soon as everyone can make it.

gareth.
  • I've just found out I need to buy myself a new back wheel after the ride on Sunday
  • sparked wrote:
    I've just found out I need to buy myself a new back wheel after the ride on Sunday

That's a bummer - sorry that we broke your bike!! Hope it's not too expensive.

The Beast claims another victim.......
  • Don't be daft, it was a good day out. Not sure on how much it's going to be yet, but not going to be able to afford another 1 until the end of next month though, ah well.
  • gazza74 wrote:
    hi all.
    great ride on sunday. thanks for letting me tag along.
    we will have to arange another ride as soon as everyone can make it.

gareth.

No worries mate, good to have you along.

Very nice bike, by the way - and some pretty quick riding too. You'll see yourself disappear into the distance on the vid when I post it up, I think I could see you for about 3 seconds!!
  • sparked wrote:
    Don't be daft, it was a good day out. Not sure on how much it's going to be yet, but not going to be able to afford another 1 until the end of next month though, ah well.

Might be worth a look on the classifieds either on here or on the SingletrackWorld forum (waits for abuse for even mentioning it) as there are often second-hand wheels for sale. Plus there's always FleaBay - might be able to get yourself a bargain that'll get you back on the trails quicker.
  • Oh right, thanks for that mate, I'll give them a butchers
  • chatters
    pinkbike.com is also pretty good for second hand stuff. The beast claimed my rear tyre aswell! Got home and found a massive slice in the sidewall! Was worth it though and atleast it didnt give out before the end of the ride!