Poor man's Barcelona.....

Stick8267
Stick8267 Posts: 154
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
.......my A**E!!!

:D:D:D

Comments

• Urgh...I feel used and dirty...

As much as I like Arsenal, I LOVE Barca and I'm a little disappointed by that. Ah well one goal away from home is good enough for them to put 4 past them at the nou camp ;)
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Stick8267 wrote:
    .......my A**E!!!

:D:D:D
    +1
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Karl2010
    Karl2010 Posts: 511
    Grate finish by Arshavin though!
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Van Persie's finish was quality too.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Great effort by Arsenal, but they were a bit lucky not to concede several more and I think they'll need some more fortune and another wasteful night for Messi in the second leg to go through. Pique suspended for the return could be important though, especially if Puyol doesn't make it back as well.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    As much as it pains me to say it, well done gooners. I switched it off after Barcalona's goal as it looked like it was going to be like shooting fish in a barrel for the rest of the game. Seeing the headlines on the news later left me stunned. Barca must have really took their foot off the ball.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    As commentator said watching Barca was an education in itself, their close control passing, possession of the ball, and the ease of the way they created chances was awesome, but
    goals win games as Arsenal proved, know it's only half time but i think Arsenal 'gooner' do it in the Nou camp too.
  • Whatevaaaaa!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Good old Arsenal, it's always good to see British clubs (except Man CIty) do well.

There were plenty of (read; too many) Barca fans hanging about in Camden yesterday; smarmy, rowdy pricks to be fair so I was even happier for the result.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Good old Arsenal, it's always good to see British clubs (except Man CIty) do well.

There were plenty of (read; too many) Barca fans hanging about in Camden yesterday; smarmy, rowdy pricks to be fair so I was even happier for the result.

No self respecting Yorkshireman supports Manchester United.

I'm making a lot of assumptions here.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Barca are a very good side, but over-rated. They spend their season in a two team league where most games can be won at a canter.

A lot of tippy tappy stuff without an end result, Jose whatshisname (I won't try to spell it) showed how a good tactician could beat them last year.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Arsene isn't a good tactician though. Is anyone actually going to put their money on Arsenal to go through?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • jim453 wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:

No self respecting Yorkshireman supports Manchester United.

I'm making a lot of assumptions here.

I was born in Yorkshire and while I don't actually support Manchester United, I do enjoy watching them when they're at their best. I felt uncomfortable about enjoying their games until I discovered that they started off as the Newton Heath Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway Football Club. So Yorkshire was in there right from the start!
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Aye well you beat them at home.
    Now beat them at the Nou Camp.

And then repeat the feat 20 years later, and 20 years after that invite them round twice to trounce you and kill your 100% record agaisnt them in friendlies at home.

[]Dundee United 1966 Fairs Cup, 1987 UEFA Cup
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • barcelona had a good goal chalked off
    van persie woudn't have scored if the keeper hadn't gone for a walk
    Barcelona needed to remember where the goal was instead of posing
    Arshavin's was special
    Wilshere's a right divvy, but good

got bored and started watching 'death of an elephant'

anyway, how good must we be, four points off up the @rse this season
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Great result for Arsenal no doubt, but Barcelona reminded me of them tiger cubs toying with their prey for the fun of it, until Mama says it's feeding time!