My recently finsihed Ribble.

curlie467
curlie467 Posts: 225
edited February 2011 in Your road bikes
This is only the second bike i have built and the first roadbike so hopefully it will get the thumbs up!

It has been built out of spares and newly purchased gear, at a strict budget but to get a reasonable spec, i have gone for tiagra stuff all round, compact chainset, 18 speed, alex rims, the bit i still need to change is the saddle and seatpost but that will happen at some point.

I havent really ridden roadbikes but i thought what the hell so i went for one of Ribbles clearance frames and it was a good choice i think, it looks ok and is fairly light (for me).

004-9.jpg

Comments

• I guess you know that the saddle neds to be levelled. And it would be a shame if all your cycling clothing was, say, yellow or red.
  • Its all black thankfully! A few final adjustments will help yes, i think you line up the saddle with the floor, is this correct?
  • I put a spirit level on mine and always have them level, however, I believe it is acceptable to have a saddle slightly pointing down at the front if this improves comfort.
  • Elio
    Elio Posts: 63
    Nice effort, and no lottery win required as in the other thread! :wink:
    Re. saddle: your saddle seems to have a curved top, i'd make sure the front part is level so the back curves up a little bit
  • It is a bit like the other build thread, all in it stands me at around £380 which is not too bad, it weighs 9.1kgs so is fairly weighty but i think the wheels and saddle are pretty heavy but it suits me and was dirt cheap really, especially for the full tiagra spec i think.
  • ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    Hi Curlie, I am selling this on ebay, would go nice with your bike, I did offer it to a guy here but he never got back,
    nice to see a bike built on a reasonable budget and a nice job in the process.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    I put a spirit level on mine and always have them level, however, I believe it is acceptable to have a saddle slightly pointing down at the front if this improves comfort.

I think you'll find that a lot of guys will have it pointing slightly up if anything. If pointed down it tends to push you on to the bars.