Somerset Hills Gran Fondo

This looks like a great event, I think I like the look of the 180K

www.somersetgranfondo.co.uk

Comments

• ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    Yeh looks good doesn't it. Exmoor should be great in May :) I used to live on Constitution Hill so will bring back memories. Crowcombe climb looks like a killer :shock: Has anyone on here done it?
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    That's Bryan Chapman Memorial weekend, I've already entered that instead. 600km starting in Chepstow

http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/11-853/
  • ADIHEAD
    Shame mate, should be a goodun. Think this is organised by the guy who used to set up the Cheddar Challenge event, which was always a pretty good event. Just gotta negotiate with the wife before entering :roll:
  • As its my birthday, and on my doorstep it would be rude not to enter!
  • ADIHEAD
    That's the attitude Charlie, you're a Cheddar boy are you? I'm from Shepton Mallet so pretty close for me also. Not sure if I'm going for the shorter or longer myself. Might decide on the day depending on the weather as it's the same price!
  • Im Taunton based, but spent my mountain biking childhood up at cheddar every year watching the XC and Downhill racing!
    I think it would be rude not to do the only sportive that goes over the quantocks, I best get my crowcombe practising in!

Im looking at the long right now, if it hammers down, or I cant get the miles in I may back off tho!
  • ADIHEAD
    Getting the miles in is my problem, got a young family and can't really manage too many rides over 3 hours. I can get out before 6am but when I do I'm so knackered I might as well not bother anyway :cry:
  • Im in!
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    cant decide on this one...doing the Tour of Wessex 2 weeks later and 1 day covers a lot of this ground, so its either the perfect final training event, or too much to try only a couple of weeks out?

Having spent many hours in the Quantocks I know its a glorious place to ride but the thought of Crowcombe Hill after 80 odd miles is enough to put me off right there! Might be time to apply rule #5...
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • ADIHEAD
    I'm doing the Tour of Wessex also, hence I'll probably be doing the shorter route I expect. I'm doing the Endura Braveheart in 10 days so will see how that goes and then decide!
  • peter-w
    peter-w Posts: 3
    So who's doing it :?:
    Just had an email from the organiser confirming that's its still going ahead.