The Good Morning!™ thread

Andy
Andy Posts: 8,207
edited February 2011 in The Crudcatcher
'Sup peeps!

How are we all this morning?

I'm off for 12 hrs so be good in my absence!

Catch you laters

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    Still up, but not particularly tired.
  • grim168
    grim168 Posts: 482
    Just finishing the last of 7 12 hour nights. Off till next sunday night then.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    SMH, some people are funny. Got a message from some bloke trying to act all tough.

I shall be in work in another 2 1/2 hours. will most likely spend the day preparing documents/files.

Still no wheel...
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Have a 2 hour argument* with an incompetent woman this afternoon.

*meeting - I lost it last time, she talks utter utter shite.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    Day of tired meh - and thats about it
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    day of nothing except trying to look busy as our new area manager comes to the office. i've known her for ages though as she used to work at another branch and she's a bit of a tw@t. how do people get these jobs? i've been doing the same job more or less now for 5 years, do i need to become a tw@t to move up in the company do you reckon? :lol:
  • Another day in South London, too much traffic and not enough roads again this morning.
    Today should fly by pretty quick and I am heading back to Stoke on Trent tonight to visit my puddypat Milo and attend to some odds and ends
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    today's going to be work/cycling/work and thanks to CWNTs purchase I'm bidding on some 1:72 planes a F-16A, an A-37 and a F-4E.

Looking forward to tomorrow, as it's a day off with a visit to the company shed in Mersea.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Good Morning Freaks!

Well the roadie forums/facebook/twitter peeps were going balistic last night with Contador's aquittal. Obviously if your countries prime minister and the head of the sporting body are huge fans, it helps your case. Wonder how long the UCI or WADA will take to lodge an appeal?

In the office and busy, busy, busy - which is good as the day's fly by. Foot's still not right though. Well, technically it is 'right' as its my right foot... it still hurts like hell to walk. :( Desperate to get out on one of my bikes, but don't want to put the healing process back any more.

Laters.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Good Morning, I'm in the uni library supposed to be doing uni work before my dyslexia tutorial. Got conflict resolution training this morning which will be interesting/boring but hey I get paid for attending.

:roll:
  • welshkev
    Kitty wrote:
    Good Morning, I'm in the uni library supposed to be doing uni work before my dyslexia tutorial. Got conflict resolution training this morning which will be interesting/boring but hey I get paid for attending.

:roll:

what are you training to be a hostage negotiator? :D
  • Kitty
    Believe it or not it's for my lifeguarding job.

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that kick off in the pool lol.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All
    Today I shall be attempting to build a device to enable my vid cam to slide down a wire.Also something to allow tracking ground shooting.

Should keep me busy most of the day
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • welshkev
    Kitty wrote:

what do they kick off about? the fact that someone looks better in a swimming costume than someone else? :lol:

i'm not taking the pee, i'm actually interested to know what makes people fight in a pool :D
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning all. Got 1 more lecture then freedom. No hockey today so I think I'll go climbing instead.

The landlords are trying to charge our flat £75 for a broken ceiling tile, so we're going to argue it. Pitchforks and burning torches is the plan. It worked in Shrek.
  • mornings (just).
    got to go into uni to meet my group about a presentation im doing next thurs. havent really done much prep so gonna go badly, but meh

then back, helping my freind in second year with her kitchenware products (im sure this will get turned dirty)

then sleep :D
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning all. Got 1 more lecture then freedom. No hockey today so I think I'll go climbing instead.

The landlords are trying to charge our flat £75 for a broken ceiling tile, so we're going to argue it. Pitchforks and burning torches is the plan. It worked in Shrek.

when 'one of my friends' was at uni, their landlord refused to give their deposit back due to general damage, so when 'they' left, the house was generally 'damaged'. No bathroom, no kitchen, no light fittings, no windows, no central heating. It's always amazed us what the residents of Nottingham would buy.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Richie63 wrote:
    Morning All
    Today I shall be attempting to build a device to enable my vid cam to slide down a wire.Also something to allow tracking ground shooting.

Should keep me busy most of the day

Shouldn't take you long to bend a coat hanger.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning Chaperoonies,
    polished off a bottle of port last night so waking up this morning was interesting :?
    been to the trophy shop to order the trophies for my brothers stag do (karting)

Off out after lunch to danbury for a little reki for new trails. maybe try a little jumping etc, should be fun on the 29er

and thats about me done
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • All a bit meh! today.

Got to go to PO to post some items I have sold off, and also to grab a passport renewal form as mine has lapsed and the agency want/need an up to date one before they can get me anymore work FFS!!!! :twisted:

Need to sort that, then phone bank.

Also pissed off as I took my carbon forks to LBS yesterday and he's not in until tomorrow, he's at a trade fair today, and yesterday he was riding (fair enough) as it's a 'father and son' business and he's the only mechanic, his son just handles sales (I know more than him).

So, I need to phone up tomorrow morning and see what's-what (I left the forks there) hopefully (as it's only a half-hour job) I can build the bike up tomorrow night!!! :D But I won't hold my breath.... it's getting ridiculous now, if they had been allu steerer, it would have been done by now by me...

Just thinking that my gear hose (white) wont go with the new build so may change it to another colour..

Such a hard life ... :lol:
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,704
    whyamihere wrote:
    Still up, but not particularly tired.
    Well, after posting that, I nearly passed out in the shower, then crashed on my bed for long enough to miss my only lecture and force me to sprint into uni to meet a deadline.

Oops.
  • Kitty
    welshkev wrote:
    Kitty wrote:

what do they kick off about? the fact that someone looks better in a swimming costume than someone else? :lol:

i'm not taking the pee, i'm actually interested to know what makes people fight in a pool :D

They kick off over stupid things like space for swimming, when someone splashes them, swimming in the fast lane, when we ask them not to do things etc etc
  • welshkev
    Kitty wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    Kitty wrote:

They kick off over stupid things like space for swimming, when someone splashes them, swimming in the fast lane, when we ask them not to do things etc etc

they're in a swimming pool anyway getting wet!!! morons :lol:
  • Kitty
    Yeah, when they come to me I tell them this and shrug my shoulders. :lol:
  • welshkev
    Kitty wrote:
    Yeah, when they come to me I tell them this and shrug my shoulders. :lol:

whilst also punching them in the face and sending them to be sterilized so that we don't have to put up with their kids being idiots aswell :lol:
  • Afternoon all,

Still feeling achy and got that hot/cold/hot thing going on, I really would rather not get another illness right now. Will have to get the wife to run around for me tonight so I can just chill.

Started using the helmet cam on my commute last week, just for the hell of it. Looking in the commuting section, the number of videos they post of “close calls” and “near fatal brushes with mild peril”, I watch my videos and there’s loads of stuff like that yet I manage to not start screaming number plates or post them immediately on Youtube to teach the drivers a lesson. I must be doing it wrong. I need to get a bigger memory card though, my 2GB fills up in about 30 mins.

Is it 5 yet?
    "I ride to eat"
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Kitty wrote:

by kick off do you mean pi55?
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    For those who follow this thread here is the Flying Camera Dolly
    P2160041.jpg

And
    P2160036.jpg

Basic ally drilled a hole in a monopod the bolted that to a ceiling ladder rack then a couple of bits of climbing stuff I have lying around et Voila and it works a treat :D

Might work on a housing to wrap the pulleys in as they generate some background noise whlile running but should not be much of an issue.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg