Anyone know SCOTT325SE? Potential warning...

enotsnad
enotsnad Posts: 62
Hey guys
I may be wrong here but I might have been scammed and want to warn you all.
I bought a chainset off him which was fully paid for over a week ago. It was supposed to be posted last Monday but looks like it wasn't and he's now not responding to any PM's or personal emails.
If anyone knows him please get him to get in touch with me. He looks to be a long standing member so I hope I'm wrong but he has been on here selling other stuff whilst ignoring my messages so it's not like he away or anything.

Hope this ok mods, not sure if it's against the rules but want to get this sorted and don't want anyone else to get ripped off.

Comments

• There is already a thread in the feedback forum about this member.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12674289

Only yourself to blame really from a user with such a chequered history
  • I bought some bits off him last year and although communication was very slow, they did come and were exactly as described so maybe he is just a bit dippy!
  • Yes I have purchased from him, very long time to get parts but as others have said Item exactley as described and I was happy. Give it a couple of weeks and no doubt it will show up.
  • Only yourself to blame really from a user with such a chequered history

Yes. We can't blame the person who takes money from people under false pretence.

It might very well turn up in a few weeks if at all but that is no use to me or the deal that the money was given under. It wouldn't be acceptable for me to take the goods without paying. So why is this ok?
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    It's not but thats the risk you agreed to take by entering into a deal with him. The feedback forum is here for that very reason and its not like the warning signs are not there with this user.
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Andy wrote:
    It's not but thats the risk you agreed to take by entering into a deal with him. The feedback forum is here for that very reason and its not like the warning signs are not there with this user.

^^^^^ Spot on

If you're happy for the potential delay then deal with him. I did about 12 - 18 months ago (before the user feedback forum was alive) & item never turned up - I received a full refund, which took a bit of time too.

I would not deal with him again due to the inconsistency of approach and service.

Sorry to say this Scott but your service is consistently poor judging by many of the comments that have been posted. If you're too busy to look after your 'customers' then stop selling
  • i bought off scott at the end of last year..

the stuff took a couple of weeks to get to me, but when it did arrive it was in as described condition and i got it for a very good price.

one piece (a brake mount) hadn't been supplied but scott sent it out to me free of charge and got it all sorted.

i think it's kinda important to remember this guy isn't a shop, he's just a disorganised guy who sells loads of stuff :lol:

so give it time, it'll turn up eventually. he may not be quick, but he is honest.

cheers, and i hope you get your stuff soon :) nothing worse than waiting for new bike bits for agees :(
  • I have not bought from him, but I'm sorry, if you are buying something off someone, and paying postage, is it too much to ask for him to send it out in a reasonable time? Whenever I sell anything, I get it sent out within 2 days maximum, any more than this and I message the buyer and apologise.

If you are going to sell alot of stuff on any forum or site, then you need to be more organised, and communicate. Even if the seller wants to keep costs down and uses 2nd class, you should never have to wait weeks for parts unless there is a problem at the Royal Mail side.

I agree with nochekmate, if this is the way people are going to be treated by someone selling goods on the site, then I think for all involved it should stop.
  • so give it time, it'll turn up eventually. he may not be quick, but he is honest.
    Really? Honesty would be saying "I would like you to pay me now, I will post the thing you paid for when it suits me, which might be weeks away"

In all honesty I wasn't aware of the feedback threads or I would have checked. I did check his history and knew he had sold a lot of things and has been a member since 2005.

It is a gamble buying off forums but I have had 100's of transactions buying and selling and have had very few problems over the years.

Problems do come up and I do not have unreasonable expectations. I always post things out within a couple of days (Normally 24 hours).

What really boils my pi$$ is ignorance. He knows he should have posted it out, he knows I have sent emails, he knows I have sent PM's yet he chooses to ignore the fact I have given him my hard earned money. Especially when he is still active on the forum posting on threads.
    He managed to communicate daily until he got the money and then all of sudden nothing
This discussion has been closed.