Coast to coast scotland

andyb123
andyb123 Posts: 3
edited February 2011 in Routes
Has anyone done the C2C Scotland from Ratagan to Montrose. I'm with a group of blokes who intend to do it in 4 days (in May) and wondered if we're biting off a bit too much or is it do-able in 4?

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    I've posted this up on Retrobike as they have a large contingent of Scottish riders

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 24#1020235
    The Ken wrote:
    It looks about the same distance as the fort bill to montrose c2c, the first day looks tougher though. They recommend 5-7 days for that so 4 might be pushing it, depending on their fitness and how long they are willing to stay in the saddle.

I haven't done either, ones I have done have been 2 dayers with around 40 miles per day, any more per day than that isn't a holiday and becomes a trudge, you need time to look at your surroundings, not just fly though it, head down.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Thanks, I'm of the same mind but the others seem keen on bashing through. I'm hoping to show them enough doubt to change their minds.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Im doing the Fort Bill to Montrose in May and have set aside 5 days, linking that up with accomodation and a couple of wild camps.

One thing goes wrong, buckled wheel, cracked frame and its all up the spout in terms of hitting your schedule.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Hi Stoo61, what route you taking, and what is your luggage transportation method?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"