Scottish SXC Who does it?

Stoo61
Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
edited April 2011 in XC and Enduro
Anyone here take part in the SXC events?

Was thinking about giving it a go in March and April.

Comments

• Yeah, kinda - I did the last race at Drumlanrig in 2010 if that counts?! :D

I'm planning on entering 2 or 3 rounds this year too. My experience at Drumlanrig was excellent so, based on that, I'd imagine the rest of the rounds would be as well organised (although the courses obviously differ).
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    have a look at www.sxc.org.uk mate

There is a forum on there all about the series.
  • Stoo61
    Yeah I have done. Wondering which category to enter, emailed them they suggested the open category or the sport if i wanted a bit of a challege, which i do. Will sign up and see what happens.
  • I reckon your best bet is the Open category for the first time. See how you get on then enter Sport in your second event, depending on how you go. Believe me, when race fever takes over, it seriously bursts the lungs, even in the Open category! :lol:
  • Stoo61
    Broonster wrote:
    I reckon your best bet is the Open category for the first time. See how you get on then enter Sport in your second event, depending on how you go. Believe me, when race fever takes over, it seriously bursts the lungs, even in the Open category! :lol:

Yeah well I will be wanting to push myself as hard as I can. Ach itll be fun.
  • waynej
    waynej Posts: 56
    Definitely go for the Open class to begin with.

See what you'd be up against and if you feel comfortable, move up to Sport.

The courses can vary hugely eg Aberfoyle and Drumlanrig (best race course ever) which gives the series character and the organisation is very good.

The SXC events are tremendous TBH. Nice, friendly atmosphere and everyone's really helpful and encouraging. I'm not much cop as a rider but I still find them great fun and I can't wait for the season to start - even my wife and son enjoy coming along.

Give it a bash - but be warned, it's really addictive (even if you ride like me).
  • Stoo61
    Well finally got round to entering the Aberfoyle race. Is it all fairly straight forward? Turn up...sign in sorta thing?
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    Stoo61 wrote:
    Well finally got round to entering the Aberfoyle race. Is it all fairly straight forward? Turn up...sign in sorta thing?

Yep, they have a note of your entry so just turn up on the morning (or the day before if you fancy a practice spin over the course) and sign in, when you'll then get given a number board and timing chip.
  • I am interested, is there a link to get event dates?
  • Broonster
    Broonster Posts: 440
    I am interested, is there a link to get event dates?

http://www.sxc.org.uk/
  • Stoo61
    So in the run up to the Aberfoyle round...I'm going to head up on Tuesday to try the course because I am working next Saturday.

Apparently the posters are up already to show the route. I'm buzzing for it.