What a beautiful day.

SimonPieman
SimonPieman Posts: 206
edited February 2011 in Road beginners
Wall to wall sun, no wind = a nice ride out!!

Not long till spring!!
1990 - Trek 950
1991 - Orbit America Multiflo
1992 - Orbit STOLEN!
1992 - Roberts DOGS BOLX
1994 - Roberts STOLEN!
2003 - Specialized Epic
2006 - Specialized Allez Elite

Comments

• I know. Wore thinner gloves & 3/4 tights for the first time this year. Can it last?

Andy
  • holker
    holker Posts: 88

Not long till spring!!

Where do you live? England? Overcast drizzley rain damp where I am. It is milder though
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Yesterday was a real treat here on Tyneside. Damp early on from overnight rain but virtually no clouds by lunch time I headed out. I have a slight case of ManFlu and had layered up and within 5 minutes I was thinking of heading back home for either the Wilier or the CAAD9 and to remove a layer. Opted not to in the end and pushed on but a nice ride nonetheless in much improved weather and riding conditions (one council has even resurfaced some of the roads! :shock:).

Today was a stark reminder it is February. Overcast, a strong wind from the south with drizzle and soaking wet roads. Heading out after lunch and progressively switched more lights until I was lit up like a Christmas tree by 3pm. :(
  • holker wrote:

Not long till spring!!

Where do you live? England? Overcast drizzley rain damp where I am. It is milder though

In south Lincolnshire, near Holbeach. Its as flat as you know!! :P
    1990 - Trek 950
    1991 - Orbit America Multiflo
    1992 - Orbit STOLEN!
    1992 - Roberts DOGS BOLX
    1994 - Roberts STOLEN!
    2003 - Specialized Epic
    2006 - Specialized Allez Elite
  • holker
    holker Posts: 88
    simonpieman, i'm in cumbria, it's raining and hilly. Forecast sun for tomorrow, so up early and get back for manchester derby
  • Felt like a spring day around Sheffield from 10 am until about 2 pm - fantastic! I took my jacket off about half way through my ride, although that may have been due to the exertion of climbing Winnats Pass :D
  • Was gorgeous today, got out and put some miles in and the sun was shining all the way :D. Cant wait for spring to kick in proper
    Cube Agree GTC Race 2011
    Trek 6300 hardtail 2009
  • Still snow on my commute - has been there since November!

So looking forward to being back in shorts but that'll be a little while yet.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH