Swinley Forest

jonnyboy66uk
jonnyboy66uk Posts: 260
edited February 2011 in Routes
Howdy All.

Thinking of going to swinley forest sometime next week for the first time... Know absolutely nothing about it so am just after some pointers..

Best place to park

Different routes available or is it a find your own route

Is it good conditions if pouring with rain... I seem to have this great deal going with the big guy upsatirs that whenever its my day off he (assuming god is a he) makes sure that it is lashing down..

God i so cant wait to get there, just been watching some vids on youtube... i just get way to excited!

:D

Comments

• The best place to park is the Lookout. If you Google it you should be about tu grub directions easily enough. You can also pay for your daily permits at the visitor centre there.

If you don't know any of the trails, check out this thread as there's some links to maps on there.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12684311
  • Hi
    i go over there most w/e as i only live across the road so very handy for me :D i always ride with a gps tracker so have got a asortment of maps and gpx files. below is a jpeg of a route but as you can see (hopefully ) there are a load of tracks, parking is at the Lookout centre and is free

Lookout05Sept.jpg
  • Howdy All.

Thinking of going to swinley forest sometime next week for the first time... Know absolutely nothing about it so am just after some pointers..

:D

I'm going to be heading over there next week, probably Monday or Tuesday, if you like you can PM me and I could meet up with you and show you the few trails I know out there.
  • head down towards the surrey hill area some great tracks there

lookout24oct.jpg

surrey hill is at the bottom of this map
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    lots of trails shut this weekend for repair
  • Cheers guys... Wise pranker that sounds great but cant make next week... how about the week after??
  • Cheers guys... Wise pranker that sounds great but cant make next week... how about the week after??

The week after I should be about on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday if it's any good to you?

If we manage to sort something out, We can stick a post in the London Calling thread and see if there's anyone else up for it from there?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    I need a day off, too much work not enough fun. Count me in.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.