biker friendly cafe near lee quarry

grant43
grant43 Posts: 170
edited February 2011 in Routes
hi theres a new cafe open on the other side of the main road from the car park at lee quarry,we were really dirty so went for a coffee to take out to our surprise they welcomed us with open arms,its really clean and friendly the owner told me they are geared up for bikers so if youre hungry and needing a warm drink after a hard ride give it a go its callied POPPIES DELI CAFE.
keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol

Comments

• grant43 wrote:
    hi theres a new cafe open on the other side of the main road from the car park at lee quarry,we were really dirty so went for a coffee to take out to our surprise they welcomed us with open arms,its really clean and friendly the owner told me they are geared up for bikers so if youre hungry and needing a warm drink after a hard ride give it a go its callied POPPIES DELI CAFE.

I'll pop in next time i'm up there...can't beat a good bacon butty after a ride!! :lol: How often do you get up to Lee Quarry?

Rob
  • Thats really good to know as i was starving last time i went up there but had to settle for a burger king near Bury. Will definately pop in next time i'm up there (hopefully next week)
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Support Poppies if you can, they're thinking of stocking basic spares and stuff and were looking at buying some big lock so you could chain your bike up, so are definitely biker friendly.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • grant43
    grant43 Posts: 170
    hi i get up during the week as im not working and at weekends usually ride through lee quarry up the new track do a couple of laps at cragg and then back to lee quarry then down the cafe
    keep smiling no matter how much it hurts,commencal ramones 1 loving it lol